EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
Hi,

Yes most of Altinkum is closed down in winter. A few bars and resturants open. If you want to know the names of a few let me know. Is it an apartment you are interested in.
Hi Sarah
yes its a large 2 bedroomed apartment we are after.
Will there be any shops open where we can buy cheap tee shirts etc, like in Marmaris, the firm we are going out with have told us there will still be lots of places still open but it sounds as if they are not telling us the truth. We would be grateful of the names of any good resturantes that stay open.
Thanks
Yes,

The main Shopping centre next to Dolphin Square should be open and we have found the quality of their products very good. If you are interested I am selling a large 2 bedroomed apartment with Jacuzzi which was only completed last year. It is in a quiet area and only 5 minutes from Dolphin Square and 7 minutes from the main beachIf you want more information and pictures you can e-mail me at ****. If not I will still help you in any way I can.

Sarah

*Admin edit - email address removed to protect member from spam mail. Please make initial contact via pm. Thanks Glynis*
hi
thanks for the info. Yes we may be interested in your apartment details would be helpful if you would like to pm me
imp,

i think there will be the odd place open in altinkum. there are a couple of thousand brits living all year round there. also. the town of didim is a twenty minute walk away up a lovely boulevard (or take a dolmush) there are eating places there.this town is a working town and the locals do like to eat out. it is good turkish food (casseroles etc.)

i think once the marina is built and more people buy there too, the resort will stay open. usually it is the end of october when the season used to end. you may be better going into the site, absolutely altinkum and asking any questions there on the web, as a lot of them on the site live there all year round.

we bought in altinkum three years ago and we went out to see a rep who took us to various sites. during the week we were there we went looking ourselves and did buy from a builder we met who was working on his apartments. as you will see you will be spoilt for choice. from one end of atlinkum to the other is full of properties. get on the dolmush and have a good look round. where the marina is to be built there are loads of properties. also try and take the dolmush that has the name yesilkent on it. it is a five minute ride from altinkum and the scenery is second to none. there are sites there which are selling. it is a very pretty place.

our rep wasn't too pleased we did not buy from her but we did not see anything we liked. we still see her when we go for holidays, walking by and she does say hello. i suppose you have been there anyway so i do not have to describe to you the lovely beaches.

we are still happy that we bought out there and wish we could spend more time than we do out there. also, we did save six hundred pounds per couple (our close friends bought too) not paying the rep but we paid a solicitor in didim and paid for an interpreter (who was worth the money) so we felt we were in control.

we are still friends with our builder and meet with him each time we go out.
any questions feel free to ask. please think too, that if you are buying to rent the property out and make money, dont expect a great return. we do not rent our place and at the moment the season isnt as long as resorts further south. it gets colder in winter and rainy .
Parador properties, what are they like ?

My friend bought through Parador a couple of years ago, she paid extra for the after sales service and wished that she hadn't bopthered as it has beena waste of money, seems they don't want to know once they have your money.

Sue :)
Parador are taking Altinkum by storm. But check round before you buy - some properties are thousands of pounds cheaper with other agents.

Be prepared for the hard sale if you go on one of their inspection trips!!

We didnt buy our villa with them we just booked our own holiday and then went round the estate agents - then you are not tied to them during your stay.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.