EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
The plan to urbanise Amarilla Golf has moved a step nearer

Well that step only took about 5 and a half years, Pete. :wow
Roll on 2015! :wink: :wink:
Nine years all told was our info and another few yet to get to completed.
Work has finally begun on the Elbarranco development close to Amarilla golf in San Miguel de Abona.

Although the building licence was only issued in the very recent past, ground-breaking works have already begun.
Having just got back from Amarilla Golf last week, I'd have to say the sooner they finish it the better; cause at the moment there's nout. Two steps off the road in any direction and you might as well be on the face of the moon.

Don't get me wrong, the landscape and views are stunning, but as for things to do and places to see .......... thank god for the bus to Las Americas/Torviscas/Los Cristianos.

If you're going on a package and just want to laze by the pool its great; however if you want anything other than that its a nightmare.

I stayed at the Santa Barbara Golf & Ocean Club (just stunning).

The marina seemed to be well underway (not sure if this is a new one or one they are re-fabricating). I did note that a lot of the Amarilla apartments were ... shall we say tired ... and in need of some TLC. Peeling/cracked paintwork and plaster combined with rusting vintage satellite dishes isn't a good look for any resort.

After saying all that (which reads harsher than it was meant to) I think once the development is completed it will be one of the sought-after areas.

* One warning for anybody going:
Ask how much your taxi ride across town will cost you BEFORE you get in the car. Once you touch the seat you just cost yourself €2.76 before your journey starts.

J.
hi i live in virgo on amarila and work as started on the beranca sraight opiste me its very dusty at the moment if any one as booked holiday lets i think u should warn people on the noise and the dust
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.