Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Im off there in October and am wondering the same thing.
Although I have read many good reviews im still starting to panic a bit.
THE ONLY INFO i HAVE MANAGED TO FIND OUT IS TO AVOID APARTMENTS 40-42 AS THESE ARE KNOWN FOR THEFTS.
hOWEVER SAYING THAT THE RECENT REVIEWS I HAVE READ DONT REALLY TALK ABOUT ANY BURGALRIES.
hOPE THIS HELPS A BIT. :roll:
Please don't post in capitals as per rules of posting number one. Thanks
Hi ... i am very worried - we are off next Friday to the Oasis Golf Apartments and while they look absolutely gorgeous i am very worried about some of the reviews i have read ... i know that one person was arrested a while ago (last year one man was sneaking over the wall and stealing a lot of things thru the patio doors etc) and the thefts stopped but just lately on a couple of reviews it appears that they have started back up again - i even saw one that said a couple came back to their room after packing up to go home and caught the maid going through their hand luggage and the staff seemed completely uninterested ... i am not sure if these are exaggerations or not and would like to know exactly what to expect when i get there ... i heard that some people requested no maid service but i have a husband and 2 young children with me and the last thing i want to do on a self catering holiday is cook and clean after everyone - the whole point of a holiday is surely to relax (",)

i will post again when i get back to let you know how it went as it will be in time before you go on your holidays in october ...
Thanks so much for your reply.I hope you have a good time and my fingers are crossed for you.
Cant wait for your review when you get back!!!
No problem at all - I am pretty sure it's not going to be a major problem so long as we take care and dont leave doors and windows open when we go out and about (just the usual security stuff you would do at home) - but i will keep you all updated when i get back and let you know - i have heard so many excellent reports about the resort that i dont want to believe the couple of bad ones out there - here's hoping that they have sorted out their problems and we all have fantastic holidays because apart from the security issue the place looks and sounds perfect :D
Hi there - back from the oasis golf - didnt hear of a single burglary you will be glad to know the whole time we were there and the majority of people were really happy with the resort!

There were some security guards patrolling the grounds and we always used the security latches on the patio doors in the apartment (otherwise we would have passed out after the walk up the 100+ steps from the pool to the apartment in the heat) and we had no problems at all ... also the cleaners were very good at making sure the doors were closed when they were finished in the room.

The resort itself is absolutely gorgeous and it is most definitely an oasis ... the apartments are lovely although the one we were in was right at the back of the resort and quite a climb but the ones closer to the pools would probably have been a bit noisy for us with some of the entertainment that went on ... although as far as i saw they seemed to put all the self-catering people at the back of the resort (up the 100+ steps with all the shopping they had to carry) and the fullly inclusives at the bottom of the resort - seemed on purpose to me after my 4th trip to the mercadonna !!!

The only problem we had was that the resort was very much out of the way - although we were aware of this before we went, we didnt realise how far out of the way until we got there and tried to walk to the beach/main shopping areas - over 30 mins with 2 young children in 38 degree heat (didnt try this a second time) - wouldnt have been too bad if there were shops or something on the way down but it is in a very secluded area, you have to walk past graffitti strewn walls and building work etc and most people didnt walk anywhere (i wouldnt suggest walking it at night either) but got taxis (which were plentiful outside the resort) but expensive ... if you went to the beach in the morning, came back to the apartments and then wanted to go out for dinner you were easily spending 20-30 euros on taxis alone a day ... but having said that - if i could have moved the apartments a mile closer to the main area of los cristianos i would go back there again, however, i would have to try something a bit closer to the beach next time as the location for us was a problem - we were self-catering and trying to lug all your shopping (especially the big bottles of water which were essential) back to the apartments or trying to get taxis etc from the shops was a bit of a nightmare for us ... although saying that, the resort is lovely and the staff were all very helpful and nice too ... if you are going here and are aware of how far out it is you will probably be fine, and if you are full board you probably wouldnt want to leave the resort anyway too much ... have fun, relax and enjoy the surroundings 8)
Thanks so much for reply it has put my mind a t ease now.the fact that the resort is out the way shouldnt be that much of a problem i hope, as my husband refuses to stay in the middle of the resort as he likes to experience peace and quiet.!!
Hopefully though the kids will be kept amused which is a big thing for us as they are only 5 and 3 .Fingers crossed for a good holiday!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.