Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Hi, we are also staying at the Oasis Golf in August this year, with our two children aged 7 & 4yrs, but I did not know it had changed names!! When did this happen? Anyone who has any good tips on nearby supermarkets near to this hotel, rather than using the on site one, please let us know!!
Look forward to many good replies!!
great when are you going? we fly out on 7th august for 2 weeks.
We are there 11th August for two weeks, my two will be 8&5yrs by then,also got friends going two wks before me with kids 9&4yrs, so plenty of little friends to look out for while we are there!
I have been to tenerife before but not for many years, first time here for the kids!!
oh great well c u there, fancy meeting people from your holidays before you go ha ha!!!! first time for my kids here too was wonderin what type of attractions there are for them???
Hi ,we will be trying out Loro park, which is supposed to be great,there is reveiws on this forum, although its quite expensive I gather, also a boat trip to see the whales and dolphins, great if your kids like that kind of thing, also nearby is some sort of monkey park, so
we may try that as well, but to be honest my two love being in and out the pool all day!!!!
I have heard there is a free bus to the beach from the hotel, so will have to find out about that one!!
Hope we get some replies on nearby supermarkets, bars ect, I heard that the on site supermarket takes no cash, they give you a card that you pay for at the end of the holiday, before you leave, so you would have to watch what you are spending or end up with a huge bill at the end of your holiday!!
Well it seems so far away August, but I"m sure it will be here before we know it!!
Hi!

I stayed at this hotel in October 2007 (and going back this October). It's probably the nicest Hotel I have stayed in, in Tenerife so far!

I'll try and answer some of your questions for you!

The hotel is set back quite a bit, and it's not really walkable from anywhere. There is a Free Bus service that runs every hour from the hotel into Town, but doe's not run on Sundays.(And I think it stops in the early evening)
There is a Taxi rank right outside the doors of the hotel as well, and costs around 5/6 Euros, to the beach or shops.
There is also an on-site shop, which sells all the essentials if you are self catering, and you pay for items with your apartment room card, and get the bill at the end. The prices don't really differ that much to supermarkets.
If you want to use off site Supermarkets, then the closest I can think of, is the Spa supermarket which is underneath the 'Columbus Hotel' in Las Americas. (there used to be a Nettos round the corner of that hotel, but not sure if that is still there).
There are no walkable supermarkets from the Gran Oasis.

The nighttime 'entertainment' is a bit lame and is finished by 10.30pm (the Kids entertainment is the same every night!). If you want to go out to eat..etc, then just ask for 'The Patch', it's where all the family bars and restaurants are.

If you are going All Inclusive, the food is very good there (I am so fussy, and I foun something every day!). They also have a BBQ by the pool bar 2 nights a week, and during the day, inbetween breakfast and lunch, there are snacks at the pool bar, from toasted sanwhiches to pizza (which you help yourself to). Same goe's with the drinks, you help yourself to lager and soft drinks.

The apartments are lovely! We had a 1 bedroom last time. The bedroom and bathroom were downstairs, with a terrace and upstairs was the kicthen and living area and a balconey.
The kitchen had everthing you could ever need! and I have never seen an apartment with so much furniture! You won't be sitting on anyones lap!

We have got a 2 bed with rooftop terrace in Oct, looking forward to seeing what they are like!

The Balconey and Terrace doors also have bolts on them, so you can leave them open of an evening, but they are bolted and don't leave enough room for intruders! The safety deposit boxes are by reception, so the staff can moniter who goe's in and out.

Someone metioned the trip to see the Whales an Dolphins. If you do this, Do not go through your tour operator! They charge about £40 for a couple of hours!
There is a excursion place by Los Cristanos Harbour, which charges 19 Euros for a 2 hour trip (it was either 1 or 2 hours!). If you get a taxi to 'Las Vistas' beach, there is a little walk way underneath a road linking the promenade from Las Vistas beach, into Los Cirstanos, and the excursion place is right where all the boats are! You won't miss it, because someone is bound to stuff a leaflet in your hand! And you do get to see whales! (I thought they were Dophins!)

If you fancy getting chased around a market, because you simply glanced at a bag, then Los Cristanos market is on a Sunday, and the Las Americas Market is on a Saturday. They are exactly the same, only the Los Cristanos one is bigger and closer. (and neither are that interesting either).

Loro Park is a great trip! It can take a couple of hours to get up to Puerto De La Cruz, but worth it. I didn't find it that expensive. You don't pay any extra for the Whale/Dolphin shows, and even if you aren't into Marine stuff (like me), it's really enjoyable.

If want somewhere a bit closer, Siam Park, is a fairly new waterpark, that is in Adeje.

I think the hotel changed it's name because it was getting quite a bad rep under 'Oasis Golf', because of the Burglaries they were suffering at one point, but I that has changed! We had no problems and didn't hear that anyone else did either!

I don't think theres much more I can think of at the moment! If there are any questions about the hotel, ask and I will see if I know the answer!

Oh, and now my crime prevention bit!
Mind the scratch card people! They are still out there and people are STILL getting sucked in! (apart from when I see them, because I tell them and the scratch card people want to kill me! oh well!)

I sound like a Holiday Rep now.....
Hi, Fantastic thankyou so much for your reply, I think you have answered most of what I wanted to know, if I think of any more questions, maybe a bit nearer to departure(Aug) I will jot them down on here,and see if you are anyone else can give me any more info,I like to know the ins and outs before I go!!!
we are going to the gran oasis in august, really looking forward to going to the siam waterworld, it looks amazing!!!
Hi ,I've just booked for the gran oasis 21st july for 11 nights. Myself and my husband,my son and his friend(both 16).Any other families with teenagers going?Is there stuff for them to do?
We haven't been to Tenerife before.I think the lads will love the waterpark.
We have booked to go to Oasis Garden resort and suites in Aug 09, 5 of us are travelling including 3 children aged 12, 8, and 6 - anyone know what the kids clubs are about? Will they keep my children occupied?
Hi, I am not quite sure on this one, but I think it depends on who you are travelling with, From what I have heard its First Choicce who run the Kids Clubs, so thats ok if you are travelling with them, but if not you can still use the clubs but have to pay per session per child!! I read this on another thread somewhere, where they said fine for younger kids but not so good for the older ones. You will probably find the will make friends with other kids there and hang out together, hope this helps, if anyone knows any thing else please let us know!!

Should be a fair few of us with Kids their in August!!
Looking Forward to it so..ooo much

Lets have some reports on here of people who have been this year already!!
thanks for that - we are travelling with First choice so should be sorted.
Hi, we are staying in the Gran Oasis Resort arriving on 17th July for 2 weeks. Can anyone tell me if there is any activities arranged for children. We are three families with children ages of 8, 10, 11 and 13. We havent heard much about the resort and dont know anyone who has been. Any information would be helpful. Also are there plenty of sun beds or is there a race every day for them!!!!
Hi, can anyone tell me how far away Monkey park is from this hotel? Is it within walking distance?
Thanks
Hi we are going to oasis golf 10-24th august with teenagers, 15, 16 and 17, we have been to tenerife lots of time but never to this part, we are looking forward to the siam water park it looks brilliant and we will also go the the old waterpark too (aqualand). I think the teenagers will probably join in with the adult entertainment program during the day. we have found in the past that children between 12 and 16 are stuck in the middle of being too old for the younger kids club yet too young for the adult entertainment which a lot of hotels say they must be 16 to join in the shooting or archery. Hopefully they will meet up with plenty mates n have a whale of a time.
Hi, we have booked our 2010 holiday to the Gran Oasis resort in Tenerife and have booked a one bedroomed apartment. Does anyone know what the situation is regarding the 3rd and 4th beds. Are they a camp beds or do you have to convert the sofas? Thanks
Hi jul ... I have merged your enquiry with this existing topic, which may provide some useful info while you wait for further feedback.

In case you haven't seen it, we also have a separate reviews page for the complex, please click here.

David :wave
Hiya, they are camp beds that fold away in the upstairs living area. we were there last august and are hoping to go back this year its fantastic xx if you need any more info let me know.
Thanks very much for your reply. We are going with four teenage boys is there plenty for them to do in the day on the complex?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.