Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Hi

We are going to Tolon in September. It will be our third stay at the Amarylis apartments.
The rooms are nice & clean and there is a pool and bar, they also serve snacks. The bar closes when people stop buying so sometimes it can be late when it stops but I have never been disturbed by any noise.

It is a bit of a trek up the hill from the town/beach but the view is worth it and if you ask the barman or other guests they will be able to show you the short cut through the gardens.

Tolon isn't a typical Greek resort but it is a friendly place and you can visit so many sites from here. There is an earlier post where there are lots of views regarding Tolon so it may by worth a look. Also try this link http://www.tolo-guide.gr for more info on Tolon or this one for the Amarylis http://www.tolo-guide.gr/amaryllis-en.htm

You must visit Nafplion, which is a short bus ride away, it is a beautiful town (if you stick around the square). You can climb up to the Palamidi, a fortress overlooking Napflion but take plenty of water. If you aren't feeling that energetic get a taxi to the top.
Hi, just a quick update on Amarylis studio's in Tolon.

The rooms are still clean and the views are wonderful, but feeling a little bit peeved with the owner.

We are here for 3 weeks and when I went to the cleaner for a new toilet roll she was very apologetic but said that she had been told that we were only allowed one and then we have to buy our own.

Was later chatting with the manager who, again apologised, advised that they had been told only 1 per room per holiday.

Whilst a toilet roll is very cheap (50 cents) that is not the point. We spend money for the holiday and in the bar and I think that he is being very tight fisted with his attitude. I have heard that he is in the process of opening a hotel in Napflio.... hopefully he will have a more generous nature for there!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.