Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Hi

I was in Tolo in May with my daughter. Our favourite eating places were Ambrosia (on the main street just past the 2 ice cream bars) nice traditional food which is reasonably priced. Taverna O'Nikos (opposite Ambrosia) a grill taverna where you can get a souvlaki pitta for 1.50 Euro or a meal, with wine for about 8 Euro each. Chez Gilles (on the main road into Tolo on the loft going towards the sandy beach). Chez Gilles is a mix of French and Greek food and it is a bit more expensive than most of the other eateries but the food is very nice. There is also a nice Taverna on the beach, I can't remember it's name but it is close to Lefka which is the Taverna which has seats going out on the jetty (never eaten at Lefka so can't comment on food).

We travelled with Kosmar but didn't do any of the trips as we thought that they were very expensive. We did get a bus into Nafplio and from there we went up to Argos, the bus fare cost us 1.10 Euro for each bus journey.

A visit to Nafplio is a must, you can walk up the 999 (approx) steps to the Palamidi, or get a taxi if you don't feel up to the steps. Alternatively you can find a bar in the square and watch the world go by whilst relaxing with a drink (my favourite pastime). There is also an Italian ice cream parlour which deserves a visit.

Hope this helps. :)
Many thanks Ginamc, I've taken notes of tavernas.
We have just returned from our second visit to Tolo. Loved it again & would go back tomorrow ( I wish!). In 2 two week holidays, trying different tavernas each evening we have honestly not had one bad meal! My favourite though has to be Arcadia, lovely food ( especially the fresh calamari), excellent friendly service, and a great position on the beach.
We went with Kosmar, stayed at the Esperia Hotel (again) and were very happy there. 2 years ago we did the trip to Mycenae, Tiryns & the winery, also did the boat trip to Hydra & Spetses. We went to Epidavraus ourselves on the bus which is easy. This time we went to Athens with Kosmar, and did the boat trip again. Enjoyed all of them. Hope you have a great time. I'm sure you will. PM me if you need any more info.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.