Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Locally produced lagers are LEON (if you can find it), KEO (very drinkable) and CARLSBERG (yes there is a brewery on the island so would think this counts as locally produced)
Then there is a Cypriot Whiskey (erm... only had it in cocktails), Keo who make the lager also have other spirits like vodka so I'd guess these would be in there as well ... You should find something you can drink... and there are plenty of wines made in Cyprus so some of them must be in the list !

Steve
keo is 5% abv
keo whisky is distilled blended and bottled in scotland
cyprus has its own vineries making some excelent wines and sherry
although some say they are week most of the local branded spirits are 38/40abv the same as uk, ouzo on the other hand is made in strengthe from about 25% to55%

yasus

wizard
Paul,

We stayed at the Anastasia All In last October.

Beer was KEO I think and I seem to remember you could have Carlsberg as well ????

The local spirits were fine - tried most of them in one drink or another :cheers and I can vouch for the fact that they are NOT dishwater...........

Cocktails are also included in the AI :)

Didn't try the White Wine but the House Dry Red (available with your meal) was pleasant enough !

HTH

John.
My step daughter is staying here next year. How far is it away from The Rising Star please. Can someone please leave a review as there has been none put on here since 2006. Thanks.
Hmmm - thought I had posted a review when I got back - appraently not........ :que
I'll try and 'compose' one tonight and post it for you.

I guess it's a 10 min walk along the coastal path to the Rising star but I have read somewhere that the path has 'pathworks' (as opposed to roadworks) going on. Not sure when they are due to finish - maybe a local can update you on that.

If they haven't put in lighting or improved it greatly then I suggest a torch for the dark !

John

EDIT : found the post about the path http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=120260
Thanks John, we were there just as work had begun so hopefully it should be finished by then. They or us could always walk one way and taxi back in the dark if there are no lights.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.