Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
anastasia hotel
27 Posts
Hi Riversider
I hope there are no flies as I am staying at this hotel in September!!
What are your points of view on this hotel other than the restaurant?
I have heard nothing but good comments on this hotel I have to say, but am a little concerned as flies around food is awful!!

Cheers

Liz
hi liz ,i could not fault the place one bit apart from the flies,it amazed me that no one else look concerned.
It is only a small hotel which suited us perfectly and it was absolutely spotless .They have apparently put in a new pool now ,we went in early july and there was plenty of room around the pool ,i can only guess it got a little bit busier in the school holidays thus needing another pool.I looked on trip advisor a few months back at the pictures but none showed the new pool.
The snack bar during the day was ok with toasties ,salads etc etc.The staff were very helpful and always had a smile on the their face.
Hopefully the flies situation was a one off liz,the manager did say that .I wish i was going there this year,have a good holiday and let us know when you get back.
A little tip:
When you head out into stalis you walk under the under pass,you can then either go right or left.The quickest way is left ,you then walk a few hundred yards (maybe less) then cut through the hotel kyknos or you can go the other way around for a change which is slightly longer by turning right then walking a another hundred or so yards then turn left,you will find the pubs and restaurants no problem.

:wave: :sun2 enjoy your hols.
Thanks for reply, any daytrips or restaurants you recommend as wont eat at Hotel all the time?
hi liz,we dont normally bother with trips but the first time we went to crete we went to the leper colony at spinalonga and a trip to samari gorge (sp) both were interesting days out.We done the usual boat trip as well which are fine but normally over priced with the tour companies.A family we met last year did the glass bottomed boat trip ,which the kids enjoyed.The first time we went to crete we stayed in a small village called elounda which was lovely but very quiet although that was about 15 years ago.Hersonisis (sp)is quite near i think which is supposedly good for shopping.There is also a train that runs around the resort and nearby towns which maybe a bit of fun and something else to do,i can't remember how much it is ,probably a few euros each.

There are quite a few restaurants situated on the main strip ,you shouldn't be spoilt for choice.
Thaks Riversider 3 & half months to go, really looking forward to it now.
I certainly don't think you're being too fussy. I would never intentionally eat food that had flies on it, & the explanation given, to me, is ridiculous. I'm glad you complained and as you said you should probably have done it sooner. If I'm paying for food, I certainly think that I should be ale to eat it without having any concerns about hygiene. Years ago we went to Majorca & when our food was served it was on a wooden plate. There was no way that hubby and our daughter were going to et it. They asked for a proper plate & were given it with no fuss at all.
Hi Helen, my wife and i were amazed nobody else looked concerned ,we were wafting the flies all over even our children were doing it,having said that it gets good reviews year after year so don't be put off Liz,probably a one off.
Let us know how it goes.Don't forget the factor 50 it will be lovely and hot :tongue
Is the Anastasia in Stalis Riversider. I think it was somewhere we looked at before deciding on the Socrates - but I could be wrong!
Yes Helen, it was one we looked at in Stalis. We also passed it on a couple of occasions - on the top road whilst we were going to the other end in a taxi. If I remember correctly, it wasn't far from Koni Village.
Are men allowed to wear shorts in the hotel restaurant in the evening?
yes helen it is in stalis, albeit a 5 to 10 min walk to the centre.

Hi graeme ,yes you can wear shorts in the restaurant.
15 weeks to go yeyyy, if it has flies I will cause Murder!!!

Anyway I will prob eat out.
sorry i mentioned the flies liz i hope i haven't put a downer on your holidays.The reason i asked was because i really liked the place and was hoping to visit again.Let me know how it was when you get back please,have a good holiday. :cheers :sun2
hiya liz mc, we went to the Anastasia last September and didn't see many flies , at least no more than you would expect to see normally . We re-booked to go back this year because we had such a good time. The staff are all brilliant and the guests too ! The selection of food was brilliant , I hope it's as good this year. The bus service is excellent , it runs every half hour and is very cheap ! The bus stops for either way (east or west ) are about a hundred metres from the hotel . We arrive there on the 1st Sept., so hope to see you there . I did a review of the hotel after our stay in the Hotel reviews if you want to look. Have a great time .... I'm sure you will :D :tup

David
Thanks very much David, I am looking forward to it now flies or not ha!!

Don't worry Riverrider I am not put of this Hotel at all.

Anyone been there lately??

What are the rooms like and can you see the sea from them very well? We have booked a family size superior seaview room.

Cheers
Liz
9 weeks to go has anyone been recently?
Travelling to the Anastasia end June 2010 for 2 weeks and was looking some info.... regarding the hotel eg food,hotel rooms,and if the hotel is located on a hill any info would be grateful. Have looked at the hotel reveiws and seems good, but wifey is asking 100 and one question i can't answer, so hopefully others can help me. :tup ps we travel with a 15 year old and a 11 year old (both girls) well out numbered lol.
hiya Haddy3, the Anastasia is located on the national road , which is flat and has underpasses to cross the road. The bus service is every half an hour iether east or west and is very cheap . You will be able to book trips etc., just down the hill on beach road , you'll find it cheaper than the hotel , as is car hire The hotel is set more or less into the hill , so there are steps up to most of the rooms. The food last year when we went was plentiful and you had lots of choice , all prepared freshly evry day by the chef ( Manos ) The rooms are nice and kept very clean by the army of cleaning staff , even the driveways are hosed down every morning . All the staff are very friendly and very hard working, and appreciate you trying a few Greek phrases . Your girls will enjoy it I'm sure .The pools are all very good with plenty of sun beds. We are counting the days now and the number of sleeps (60 ) to our visit this year.
hope this helps
regards
David
David thanks a million for that. Mother in law is coming out our 2nd week and has recently had a hip replacement and was asking me was the hotel set on a hill (wish it was lol) thanks again :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.