Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
I believe there's a zoo in Larnaca and an aviary near the Famagusta viewpoint. I also believe them to be fairly unpleasant - particularly the zoo at Larnaca. Other members may wish to correct me though - its just what I've heard.

regards,

Richie
The one at the view point near famagusta is dreadful...
totally agree about the petting zoo at the viewpoint, looks more like a home for destitute animals.
avoid it if at all possible

gazz
The Famagusta Gulf View Point does state that it houses rescue animals and birds in a mini-zoo, so they're not all in great condition. And it gives an insight into the Cyprus problem and has a few exhibits.

Marion
nice little zoo in limsol in the same park as they hold the wine festival every year .

bluepeterno1
probably another good place to visit it protaras is an aquarium in the area "kapparis". is also a lovely place
The Famagusta Gulf View Point does state that it houses rescue animals and birds in a mini-zoo, so they're not all in great condition

We went to the "mini zoo" when we were there last year, and I certainly wouldnt recommend anyone visit it at all, its not so much the animals being in great condition, they needed rescuing from the conditions they were in! It was so bad, we couldnt bear to stay very long and it upset my son greatly seeing the animals and the places in which some of them were kept.

We also went to the aquarium, which was ok, but rather overpriced for what you actually got to see.

Karen x
You would be better to hire a car and go to the mazatos camel park
its just past larnaca airport and a favourite place for our granchildren who visit everytime they are over.

http://www.camel-park.com
The Limassol zoo is a disgrace - avoid it at all costs.

Cheers,
If you were going to hire a car and go towards Paphos, there is Paphos bird park which has animals other than birds. We went when it was newly opened and was kept immaculate, don't know if it would be the same now.
There's a donkey sanctuary at Oroklini, Larnaca.
been to the limasol zoo on many occasions and did not think it was a disgrace,and i am a member of many animal charities , unless it has changed in the last ten months, i am going there again in may and will send a report.

bluepeterno1
RE: Limassol Zoo

The municipal council has decided to create a new zoo, a much bigger one, with a modern design, where the animals will be closer to their own environment

Source here
Matazos camel park is fab, we all got to go on a camel ride while we where there, totally weird experience but great fun.

Would recommend this trip here
can recommend the camel park. stayed in Larnaca for 2 weeks in Jul 05 and went to the camel park twice. It also has a nice swimming pool and bar/cafe. Also has a few nice amusement rides for the kids. We spent the full day there (twice).
ha, just checked the link for the camel park and the main picture in the pool section of the website has my daughter in it. strange, but true.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.