Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
If I remember correctly (from 2005) whilst this hotel isn't on Beach Road (on or just off the beach) it's within a few hundred yards of the beach (5 minutes walk). It is however the other side of the main coast road (New National Road) at a junction at the Malia end of Stalis (Malia is a good 15 minutes walk away).

Look here http://www.stalis.info/stalis/stadtplan/en-index.asp for a map of Stalis showing hotels/bars/shops etc. Don't know how old it is but I recognise a lot of the names from 2005. Anastasia (if it's the same one) is in grid A10 (U-13). We stayed at the Koni Village in 2005 which is also situated on the 'new' road (A9 - U16) and would often walk along to the junction outside the Anastasia to cross the junction (or the other direction to cross at grid A7).

Would probably class this end of Stalis as the quieter end although I can't say for certain as in the fortnight we spent there we never felt the need to stray out of the A7-A10 area on an evening. Everything we needed was there with a good beach and great selection of bars and restaurants.

So it's straight over the road, down the road there and turn left on beach road - the bars and restaurants start almost immediately on both sides of Beach road. There also used to be a land train station at the bottom of this street which you could get into 'main' Stalis (and might also have gone into Malia - I'm not sure).

We enjoyed our fortnight there and would return.

Edited to post the link I'd forgotten to include the first time :duh
Hi
The Anastasia hotel is set back from the main road, which you have to cross to get to the beach road.
I also stayed in the Koni as did did previous post. We had a sea view, but it is in the distance not on your doorstep ( still very nice though) I suspect it will be the same for Anastasia as long as you have a high room.
M
Hi All, I'm looking for next years holiday and at the moment am considering Crete or Cyprus. This hotel looks like really good value as it's working out the same for half board here as it is for SC at other accomodation. Would appreciate an honest opinion if any of you have been with children with regards it's location and how suitable it might be for my 2 children who'll be 4 and 8 when we go. We would be going in July/August. I've been to Stalis years ago so vaguely remember the layout of the resort. Is the hotel realistically in walking distance of the restaurants and beach for the children? Also I've read about the problem with quad bikes and lack of pavements...don't want to be dicing with death every time we decided to go out of the hotel...is it really bad? Many thanks for any replies, Nic.
We stayed at the Anastasia last September/October there is a tunnel which takes you under the main road and as previously stated everything you need is no more than 5 mins away.
sioux ;)
Just got back today from the Annastacia hotel.Hotel its self is very lovely,just i didnt like the walking to get to the bars,shops and beach.Would have rather been in a hotel on beach road.But i can honestly say Annastascia is a nice family hotel.It is only a 10 min walk to beach and we walked into the main resort of stalis every night and got a taxi back which was between 8/9 euros a time.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.