Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Great review Gene, glad to hear you had another wonderful holiday!

Catherine x
sounds like the perfect holiday. Thanks for posting. I may have missed it - but was it Marmaris you went to?
loved your report as usual Gene
While we were in Akyaka there was a group sitting almost next to us on the beach and I heard Ercan the waiter from the Sikadam say the name Gene then spell it out. At the time I thought "thats redrhino's name" but didn't actually think it might be you. However after reading that you visited Akyaka I am pretty sure that we were sitting next to each other on the beach without realising it!
It a small world!
thank you for shareing your holiday with us sounds like you had a great time and its good to know the bars are still doing great entertainment :lol: which appartments did you stay in ? carnt wait now for our time in icmeler to come round :lol:
Red wine,
We stopped in the Uysal apartments near the square opposite the "Black Sea Restaurent.

Fionay,
On the Sunday there was 7 of us and on the Thursday 5 of us went to Akyaka.
We used the facilities of the Sikadam both times as the meal and service were first class, and that waiter who had only ever seen us once remembered all our names.

hotdiamond,
It was Icmeler that we went to.

Gene
Really good report Gene. Roll on three weeks Saturday.
Margaret
It was the Thursday I'm pretty sure and we always sit on the sunbeds at the Sikadam.
Thanks for the good report Gene
Hi there,

Excellent report, just one question how did you get to Akyaka, how far is it and how much?

Cheers Carol

xxxxxx
Hi Gene

As usual a great report - I think inside of you there is a writer trying to get out!!! I was looking forward to your report because we go on Monday and you always give everyone some great tips and idea. I was going to ask the same as Carol - please give details of the trip to Akyaya - it sounds great. Shame we won't meet up again this year - maybe next!!

Linda
The trip was run by Carol from Imelertravelcentre based under our apartments.
The journey takes 45 minutes and leaves at 10am
you leave Akyaka at 4pm.
The trip runs twice a week and costs £6 adults and £3 for children.
Highly recommended.

Gene
Does he go to Barrow hILL SCHOOL IF HE DOES I KNOW HIM VERY WELL
Mrs C
Do you think the World Cup has anything to do with it being a bit quiet, I know someone who has just returned from Rhodes and they said it was very quiet as well
MrsC,
and Andre is at the side of me laughing and thinks he knows who you are. :wink:

Gene
Robert
We were talking to Carol at Tunga Travel and she said how quiet it was and blamed the British media over the Bird Flu scare, coming out at a time when most people are looking at booking their holidays. Nothing would stop us from going and I hope it doesn't spoil the whole season, a lot of people rely on the tourists and hope it gets busier as the season goes on.
Gene
We agree with you about the Troy bar, It was so loud we had one drink and left and the the poor young girl who had been roped into the Turkish marriage farce looked absolutely terrified. Not a place we'll be visiting again.
Spent a couple of nights in the Chill Bar and had a great time, had a little puff on the bubble pipe and noticed passers by looking disgusted, they must have thought it was an illegal substance and not the apple flavour we all liked best. Can't remember the Guys name but he looked like a young Elvis, he was so funny and really made us so welcome.
Still feeling a bit down,back at work, especially now we've got the photos developed and looked back at all the fun we had. Still thers always next time. :)
Shaz150
Robert
We were talking to Carol at Tunga Travel and she said how quiet it was and blamed the British media over the Bird Flu scare, coming out at a time when most people are looking at booking their holidays. Nothing would stop us from going and I hope it doesn't spoil the whole season, a lot of people rely on the tourists and hope it gets busier as the season goes on.

I am hearing this from quite a few people, from all over the place Spain etc, I think the world cup is a factor, but the economic situation in the UK is not as rosy as it has been over the last few years (massive debt levels). It does not bother me at all, what with a better exchange rate (the money markets are in turmoil) and less people around there should be even more bargains to be had. Roll on August
Hi Gene,

As Lottie6636 said (hi linda) I was also looking forward to your report.
It is nice to hear what changes have been made and who is working where.
Thanks Gene.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.