Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
If I asked for an Indian Head massage I'd get arrested!
There was actually a bloke trawling the beach last summer in Benidorm offering massages, did'nt seem to get many takers from what i could see, and did'nt notice anyone doing the same in May, but now the main summer season is with us this may become more prevalent.

Best Regards - Taggy :)

..........and no I did'nt!!!!....mind you if Penelope Cruz......sorry in dreamland again! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sanji, I saw a woman offering massages when we were there in May and thought it really odd. One of those sunloungers ain't really the place to be having one is it? She didn't get any custom.
Hi Cazz.
I've never seen them on the beach in Benidorm, but I guess there wouldn't be much call for them at Xmas and in April when I usually go. I've never ever hired a sun lounger on Beni beach, we tend to walk, walk and walk...sometimes stopping for a sit down on the wall and maybe plonk ourselves down on a towel for an hour, but never any serious sun bathing all day job. :lol:
Down on the Costa del Sol where I stay, they are pounding the beach all day long and they do get quite a bit of custom, I saw one make €50 in less than 2 hours.
The sunbeds have really thick mattress's on them and it's tempting to have a relaxing massage, but you do have a thousand eyes watching :lol:
Don't know if you can remember, but I had really sore feet the last time I was in Beni (no idea why) and they were beginning to ache again in CDS, so I thought it might do them good.
I know it might look like I'm being a bit OTT with this post, but these people can really do some serious damage if they don't know what they are doing and people with existing medical problems should really think twice about it...it is sooooooo easy to think that a massage will be beneficial.

There is no way that I should have had bruises where her thumbs had been and a few days later I saw her doing a massage on a woman with varicose veins and she was going at her like she was kneeding bread :tut the woman must have been in bleddy agony, but determined to get her 10 euros worth.
These people are only interested in making money, some have language barriers and can't speak English or Spanish, some may be very good and some may be cowboys, so please just be careful is my message.

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
The only people I have massages off are proffesinals with qualifications on there wall. I go to a lovely lady once a month for a hot stone massage which is bliss.
If you want a massage, you go seeking, not the other way round.
Now that the subject has come up,I remember that there was a girl offering massages by the pool side at the Hotel Bali on the CDS a few weeks ago,Thought she was an employee of the hotel.Have they migrated from the beach?
I like massages and pedicures but always have them carried out by professionals or in proper training establishments.

In Benidorm old town there is a very good training establishment, situated near the Molino and it has been there for over 10 years that I know of. the Spanish go there to train as professional beauticians and hairdressers.

I have been to this establishment over many years for both beauty treatments and hairdressing and would reccommend them. I have had some of the best treatments there, however you do need to book, sometimes a week in advance as they are very popular with the Spanish, Germans and English. Also a little Spanish language goes a long way.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.