Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Antalya Airport
11 Posts
There are 3 terminals at Antalya.

Domestic, International and the new terminal (used for charter flights)

The International terminal has plenty of seats in the departure lounge and you can buy duty free on arrival.

The duty free shops is quite literally only 20 yards from the baggage carousels.

I cannot compare between Antalya and Dalaman.I have not used the new Antalya terminal nor have I been inside the new Dalaman terminal.

It is only 20 minutes from the city centre.
Antalya Airport is much bigger than Dalaman, and has better shops too. It has a much more international feel to it than Dalaman does (and I'm talking about the new Dalaman Airport).

But beware: I ordered a large Scotch in the bar there - and it was an eye-watering £17.00!!!!! :x And it was only Famous Grouse.

Strawberry
Its like being held to ransom in most turkish airports these days!

At least I can spend time shopping before flying!
I found Antalya a much better airport albeit it was some years ago since I was at it.

As Strawberry says it has a much more international feel to it, and it was a lot brighter and cheery than the new Dalaman
i have to agree with strawberry and colette, antalya is defo the better airport.
But beware: I ordered a large Scotch in the bar there - and it was an eye-watering £17.00!!!!! And it was only Famous Grouse.

Strawberry ,When you say large scotch what size of measure would that be ,was it poured from the bottle or from an optic like ours, just trying to work out how much was made from a bottle ,(i'm a scot you see :) )

Bluepeterno1
Hi Bluepeterno,

It was poured from an optic, and just to make sure my memory wasn't playing tricks on me I asked by elephant-memory boyfriend exactly how much it cost; 45Lira! :evil:

And that was about one year ago; so it's probably gone up now!

In fact, 45 Lira is even more than £17.00! :yikes

Strawberry
Gosh you could buy jewellery cheaper than what they would make of one bottle.

Bluepeterno1
Shame on you all. Try doing what i did when i was returning to the UK from Antalya Airport, go and buy a small bottle of whiskey or vodka which is my topple and then buy your mixer from duty free, then sit were you want and enjoy. thats what i did and did not cry as i didnt wast my money.
Well if you watch the news this morning you may see Antalya airport given that there is a hijack going on at the moment
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.