Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Not actally had a taxi from antalya .I have been through plenty of times going to belek .Most people use the transfer coaches but i have seen many a taxi driver touting for fares ,so i dont think you will have much trouble getting one ,remember to ask the price first and then haggle a bit.

Bluepeterno1
Very well organised at taxi rank, there is a marshall, who speaks perfect English, he will translate to the taxi driver where you are going. They will tell you the price before you travel. Used them several times without a problem. Plenty of taxi's there, even through the night.
Denny
We have used the taxi rank there and it is well organised...turn right as you come out of the Arrivals hall. No shortage as most people are taking the tour bus.

Do make sure that you get the price beforehand... but don't expect to haggle as we tried, but they pretty well have the prices sewn up between them and the guy in charge pretty well calls the shots !

I don't know where you are going, but last year we paid around £15- £18 (25-30 Lira)to get to the Lara Beach (Titanic Hotel was our stop) strip. ......and takes around 15mins at Turkish driving speed :yikes !

For your return journey, you may well find that the hotel receptionist should be able to negotiate a slightly better price for you.
We paid 24 lira (about £11.50) this year to Larespark, Lara beach. (4 adults and luggage) On return to airport, there are several taxi ranks on Lara beach, with these you are able to haggle.
Denny
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.