Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Antalya
7 Posts
Hi Jim and welcome to HT!

If you put Antalya into the Search facility at the top of the page you will find loads of results.

You may also wish to read our Resort Reports by clicking on the link at the top of the page.

luci :wave
Hi Jim . are you going to antalya city ,or antalya province ,there are lots of small places around the coastline which are classed as antalya province/region.

Bluepeterno1
antalya has the most tourists in Turkey. İts the fastest growing city..very modern..the beach areas are Lara and Konyaaltı.
As Bluepeterno 1 says Antalya is the capital town of the antalya province..
but in my opinion the travel agents will say the resort name..eg. Kemer KaÅŸ Belek Beldibi Side Alanya and so on.
Ä°f you have a holiday booked for Antalya then i think it will be the resort area of the town itself...and its really great.
Correct shirleyanntr we go to belek quite a lot now ,but most of these places you have mentioned are a short distance by taxi or coach including antalya town and only 40mins transfer from the airport. It is really quite central.

Bluepeterno1
There is a forum; expatsinantalya.com which you may find useful.

Lists of things to do ,places to visit etc.
First of all have a great holiday and do enjoy Antalya and its surroundings..

Euros, Dollars, Or even GBP are greatly accepted so either is fine. but the local currancy is the YTL ( turkish liras ) Change your currancy as needed at the dovis ( change office bureau ) I don't recommend travellers checks to Turkey they are a hassle and also charge a service fee to cash them at the banks. A lot of hotels will not accept. Better with dollars, or euros or better yet use the ATM's.

Exchange some of your foriegn currancy to Liras at a change offices in Antalya. As you will need some Liras to pay for small items to the markets, taxis etc. Small places probably not take Euros or dollars. Most of the changes offices are located in the center of town and I am sure that the hotel will give you some help or directions.

One thing I would just like to point out is if you use a ATM please use one that is located outside of a national bank and also during regular business hours. Mon-Fri 9-5. This way if you experience any problems with your card you can directly report it at the bank. Also do make sure that you advise your bank of your planned travel to Turkey. If not the bank after a transaction or two may freeze your card after one or two transactions.

As for the hotel that sorry cannot help..am a non-turkish resident of the city

Recommended trips; if you take a few day trips here are some ideas.. Perge, Aspendos, Termesoss, caves, upper Duden waterfalls, boat trip to the waterfalls, Koprulu Kanyon ( Beş Konak ) Phaselis, Cirali / Olympos or Side. As for sightseeing Antalya has the old city ( Kaleici), Hadrain's Gate, old ottoman fishing houses & harbor area. Visit the Antalya museum as well or spend some time in the old city center ( Kaleiçi ) to see the many old historical areas.

There are a large number of mosques, churches, madrasahs, masjids, hans and hamams in the city. Kaleiçi, the harbor which the city walls enclose is the oldest part of the city. In Kaleiçi, Yivli Minare, Kesik Minare and historic houses are to be found. In Kaleiçi, one can see the best examples of traditional Turkish architecture.
Many of these places I have mentioned you can find in my photo gallery pages that I have listed below.

Helpful web page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antalya

You can see my photos and the historicals sights around Antalya at this page.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/canmom/sets/

http://www.antalyaliving.co.uk/
have a great trip
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.