Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi Lynn

we stayed at the Antas apartments 3 years ago it was our first time in hisaronu / ovacik area we had a great time and been back twice since although not to the Antas.
we found it to be a good apartment the rooms were well furnished and modern with spectacular mountain views the owner and his wife was always about they were friendly and helpful and the olympic rep stayed on site he was also very good.
the only bad points were the location is up a hill and about a15 min walk down to hisaronu or10 mins to the first bars and the owner becomes more friendly the more money you spend (whats new)
we would stay there again though and could not give this place any serious critisism
if you have been to marmaris then you will love this area there is a lot less hastle from bar and resturant owners the place is very beautiful with stunning mountains good nightlife and lots to do
we are going back for a 4th time this year

Hope this is useful
Pete and rachel
Hi Pete and Rachel

Thanks for that. We had a funny feeling it was up a hill but not sure how steep? are there dolmus's running regularly? We are used to walking whilst on holiday as we stayed in the armutalan area of Marmaris so it may not be so bad. What about Mosquito's? with it being in the mountains and there seems to be a lot of greenery. They just love me and I am unsure how much protection to take with me.

Thank you again for the info, I'm sure we will enjoy it.

Lynn
there are two dolmus routes one from the central road the other from the main fethiye road,
this should not be to much of a problem for you,
im sure you will find this area less crammed than marmaris :sun2
Hi lynn

The antas is located up a long hill (thats is steep in parts) from the main road, between hisaronu and ovacik. The dolmus runs only on the main road, and not near the antas. You would be better walking down and getting a taxi back like we did its not expensive. Didn,t find mosquitos anymore or less a problem than other places in turkey we have visited. I normally get eaten alive also so always stock up when we go, we did notice that the gardener was using a mosquito smoker to clear the grounds.
the dolmus runs between oluodeniz, hisaronu, ovacaik and fethiye and is every 10 mins or so the restaurants around the fish market in fethiye are very good for a special treat

im sure you will love the area

Pete & Rachel
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.