Caribbean - Cuba Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Cuba
Mark

When I was in Cuba a couple of years ago I found that most hotel shops sold cigars (and rum) .
When I was staying in Havana I visited the oldest cigar factory in Cuba, the Real Fábrica de Tabacos Partagás. You can take a tour round the factory to see the cigars being made or just visit the shop where they have a huge selection for sale.
Cigars aren't really cheap but are of course cheaper than the real thing overseas.
The following link may be of help to you though I believe it dates from 2008.
http://marty.514crew.com/cigarguide.html

I hope during your overnight visit to the capital you will have time to see some of this fascinating city along with your visit to the Tropicana Nightclub(I'm guessing)
Mark,

Firstly don't buy any from the peddlers on the beach or the barmen, These are cheap but very poor quality.

There is a fully air conditioned cigar shop in the "International shopping centre" in Varadero, most hotels run a free bus here. The centre is a bit poor to be honest and the cigar shop is probably the best shop there.

You can also get them in most of the hotel shops , but storage is an issue here as they do tend to dry out a bit. Would suggest if you get them hear stick to the cigars stored and sold in aluminium tubes.

Lastly if you buy the chaps at work a nice large "Churchill" each don't forget to add the odd "now then now then " into the conversation.

J....
Thanks for the replies - useful information indeed :tup
Mark :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.