Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Cuban Cigars
8 Posts
Is that irrespective of size?
Mr Parsons

You will get at Cuban Customs on landing a leaflet on how many cigars they let you take. Last time we were there you were limited to 20 "hand rolled" or private enterprise cigars the rest had to be in holowgramed boxes from "official sources"
Many hotels have cigar visitors who will make cigars in front of you, and on trips it is normal to find people making cigars. I bought some in a lovely wooden "kids pencil box" but be aware of the Cuban limits as well as HMRC.
Dariusdave
Does anyone know the rough price for Cigars? Hoping to get a few in a nice presentation case.
HI, have just returned from Cuba. We went on some of the trips outwith the cayos (where we were staying) and went to several places where they were making cigars, depending on size they were priced between 10 pesos for 10 smallish cigars and 20 pesos for 5 large ones. Didnt buy any at the time as our hotel had a cigar shop, wish i had though as they are much more expensive at the hotels. I ended up buying some monticristo no4's at 4 pesos each, not in a case. I was actually suprised at the price of cigars (the official ones) as i thought they were rather expensive.
Have a great holiday!
Katie.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.