EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
travel plug
126 Posts
sorry, did not see your other question.

she says it does get very busy as it is the summer there so you need to book now. she wonders which part of n.zealand you are heading for. her family live on the north island (Hawera) near the Taranaki mountain.
simple enough to get an adapter at any airport.
You're lucky. New Zealand, for me, is the most beautiful place on the face of this earth and the people there (particularly on the south island) are wonderful. In fact, I'm going to buy there within the next 2 years. My first choice would be north shore (Auckland), though property prices are the most expensive on the island. The reason is that it's the most cosmopolitan area in the country, which my wife likes ;) Second choice (and my first), would probably be the most beautifly Banks Peninsula, around 1 hours drive out of Christchurch on the south island. Really special place and affordable, plus a couple of hours from Methven, which is a nice ski resort. Third choice would be Queenstown/Wanaka, which is world class scenery. No wonder they filmed Lord of the Rings in that region.
I'm drooling now at the thought of it. Have a place in England and Malaga. Soon to be NZ hopefully. This is getting like an expensive game of International Monopoly :)
Good luck with your adapter. One word of advice. When you are at a crossroads and are turning right, you actually have right of way over the guy coming towards you. That works both ways, remember ;)
Franny thanks for your reply, I've found an adaptor now. We are going to book the campsites soon, we are travelling from Christchurch right up to Auckland, so I hope we are not trying to do too much.

Oliverson you have made NZ sound fantastic and I can't wait to go. :D I'll check out the Banks Peninsula for our first night in the motorhome.
Good on you.
Head for Akaroa Harbour as it's probably the main place in 'Banks' (still only small). It was 'colonised' by the French who invaded first and it has their influence - wonderful. Make sure you stop off at Little River en-route (mid-way between Christchurch and Akaroa). It's a little like a mini-version of Big Sur in California. Quaint.
In fact, I've brought my visit forward by 18 months. I intend to visit in December and January. Since my first visit (2002), not a day goes by when I don't think of the place.
Sorry, I realise that I should post this on 'other destinations' forum, but just wanted to reply to Oliverson.
We've decided on our route now and have booked our campsites, Akaroa being our first night in the campervan. Will stop off at Little River as you suggest. I am really looking forward to this 'holiday of a lifetime' just a bit concerned about the long flight.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.