Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
ANY HOPE
6 Posts
Hi jim

I can most certainly recommend Olu Deniz for a resort that ticks all your boxes . Beautifully scenic resort , plenty to keep you busy with excursions , boat trips etc and definately not rowdy but with enough bars/shops to keep you busy. This would be a good option if you want B+B or A/I . Icmeler would also be a good choice if you like self catering . this is a bigger resort than Olu Deniz but it is very family orientated with entertainment going on in the resturants etc which all goes off at midnight .

If you let us know what type of board basis you prefer we can help you with some hotel recommendations.
Thank you lyn, we are not to worried on what board to go for, but on looking at some reviews of some hotels, some people were saying that the breakfast is very basic turkish breakfast and would not be to everyones choice, kids and such. So we would maybe swing towards s/c, being our first time in turkey giving us a chance to explore.
There isnt really much in the way of self catering in Olu but there are some excellent AI/HB/BB options .

Other people will obviously have some more suggestions but some of the obvious choices in Olu would be The karbel, The Asena Beach which are both B+B with I think Half board options or if you fancy A/I I can recommend the The Belcekiz beach. we have stayed at the Asena beach ourselves when our children were younger and the breakfast was very plentiful. all of these get very good/excellent reviews

There are many members here who im sure would be only too pleased to make some self catering recommendations in Icmeler . hopefully some of those members will be along shortly .
Hi Jim

I have only been to Olu in Turkey, but it followed having been to Cyprus the year before, for us, Cyprus didnt even come close to the wonderful holiday that we had, so much so, that for the first time this year, we (my 7 year old and I) are returning to the same place and going back to Olu. My son is also an incredibly fussy eater, and we stayed at the hotel (Karbel) where we are again returning to, but staying on a B and B basis, although the breakfast is basic, they still had enough choice, although I will go armed with a box of Coco Pops LOL

The resort is ideal for people of many different ages, but its certainly not rowdy, the Karbel has some good reviews and has 2 lovely pools, is at the top of the main street so is away from most of the resort noise, although in all honesty its not overly noisy and certainly not rowdy. Its also close to venture to Hisaronu and some other places too, and so you dont have to remain in the resort if you do not want to. We are going DIY this year for the first time ever, but only because I feel safe and comfortable doing so, there are various different trips you can go on from here, the jeep safari was great which my son loved, and we also went to the Ghost town etc

There are plenty of places to eat, we ate at nearly a different place every day, but plenty of choice and good for the fussy eaters too, my son never had a problem of finding something to eat even tho he is incredibly fussy and hard to please. I cant compare it to anywhere else in Turkey as its the only place we have been so far, but Olu is lovely, with the choice of the main beach and the lagoon, but we did use the hotel pool a lot because they were so nice. We werent there in high season last time, so unsure about the rush to the sunbeds, but because we are going July 29th this year, it will be interesting to see just how busy it is this time around.

Karen x
If you are looking to go to Icmeler, I can recommend the Gondol Apartments.

These are kept clean and spotless at all times and is in an ideal location down by the canal. Everything you need is on your doorstep. The only drawback I would say is the pool is not huge, but the beach is only a 2 minute walk away. There are also plenty of other hotels and apartments in the location, and its ok to use these, as long as you are buying a drink.

Have a look at the reviews. Good luck in your choice.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.