Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
This site might be of interest to you
Hi there

We stayed in Calella de Palafrugell in May. Sorry I can't offer any tips re restuarants....we ate out twice - once at the restaurant right at the end overlooking the beach which was ok, and once next door at Toni's Bar, which was disappointing. Both expensive!

One thing I would recommend would be the market in Palafrugell on Sunday mornings. It seemed like the whole of the town turned out for it and the square right at the end of the market was really bustling, with all the locals sitting out on the pavement cafes. Really nice to sit and people watch!

Another nice place was El Bisbal, a town just inland from Calella de P. Really nice Spanish town with a lovely little square. It is a centre for ceramics etc.

The walk from Calella de P to Llanfranc was really nice as well.

Didn't use public transport as we had a hire car, which I would recommend.

Hope this helps!
Thanks Channelislander! that was really helpful info and making me eager to be there!
And thanks for the link a1gjv... Lots of useful stuff there for me to explore!
:thanks
There is a really good Chinese restaurant, right on the roundabout at the begining/end of town and it's cheap. Oh yes at t'other end of town by Lidl/bus station there is a bar where all the local builders seemed to eat. We never tried it but if the locals go there..........
Thanks Gurner, All info gratefully received! :wink:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.