Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Hi Helena,

I hope this puts you at ease, i am sure you will have a great time at Doretta Beach. My wife and 4 daughters will be going back again for the second time on August 31st-September 15th. We had a brilliant time and cant wait to get back. I suppose its fair to say that the hotel can be deemed as basic but the rooms and public areas are all of a good standard. We are also going back on the all inclusive as we found the food was very good with a varied choice. I guess like all holidays it may not be to everyones liking, but dont let this put you off. I have also read the other discussions and dont agree with them all. The pool has not got a shallow end ? but then they do have a smaller childrens pool right next to the main pool. There is plenty to do and Rhodes town is only a short bus ride away (all buses stop just outside the hotel) and this is a cheap way of getting around the island. So relax and hope you all enjoy the holiday. :)
We've been here twice. It's excellent for kids. Lots to do - depending on how old they are. If they really need the shallow pool you will find sunbeds around it are popular and might have to take your towels down before breakfast (in July/Aug there can be queue waiting for the security men to open the doors in a morning). But the beach and lawns are good for sitting on if they are old enough to use the pools by themselves.
The entertainments team have a programme of games and activities through the day, and the kids disco in the early evening is always popular. They'll enjoy the shows the crew put on too, Disney nights etc.
All inclusive is good as the kids can drink plenty, so they don't get dehydrated. Also if they get something to eat they don't likethey can go and get something else instead.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.