General Chat

Start a debate or just have a natter its all happening in the General Chat forum!
Not seen one of those fi but I have tried the ped egg (like a cheese grater :D )

My feet are not the best.I hide them in socks and boots all winter and then have a pedicure before holidays in the summer. I have a bunion on one foot that looks really attractive .. not.

I do find though that as soon as the hard skin gets removed it grows back at double speed to protect the soft skin again... a bit like those hairy legs :rofl Lady at the nail shop told me to make sure I dry my feet properly (which I dont do) .I suppose it makes sense really because isnt it moisture that causes it. :think
I have tried the ped egg- and it didn't really make much difference for me.
I have a real phobia about my feet and can't let anyone touch them so i've never been able to go to a chiropodist or get a pedicure.
oh Fi that sounds horrible . My son thinks he has horrible feet and cant bear anybody seeing them in the summer.

A chiropodist probably wouldnt remove hard skin but if you feel any pain when you walk now you would feel like you are walking on air after a visit there. Maybe try and give it a go now you have got them looking pretty again. :)
Hubby has horrible feet, both to look at and to touch argh! I will say though, that they improve tremendously after being to the "Happy fish", and the good condition lasts for months. "Lamasil once" is also a great treatment.
Fiona wrote:
My OH thinks I may well have the world's worst feet :cry: Over the years I have tried everything going - apart from those fish.
I have finally found a miracle maker :D I bought a micro pedi before Christmas. Its like a shaver for your feet- but very gentle. After one go I couldn't believe how much hard skin it had removed. The soles of my feet are actually soft- the first time since I was a child :hyper
Anyone else got one of these?

Haven't got one of those yet.

My feet are not great either Fi, :( and I have tried 'those fish' mainly as DD bought us a visit for my birthday some time back. They all seem to have gone out of business round here, think they were found to be dangerous or not healthy or something :think can't remember exactly.

I also don't dry them properly, but bizarrely I do like other people touching them and love a pedicure and foot massage, but they only seem to do good at the time and not much for long term.
I also don't dry them properly

I dont actually think I could bend that far now :rofl
I have to admit that I don't dry my feet properly either. Can't be bothered! :D
in the past I have tried all sorts of creams- even last thing at night and then put socks on!
I was tempted by the fish years ago when we were in Cambodia. I had never seen this before. But then i had visions of my feet being totally covered in fish and no-one elses getting a look in :D
Do you know- I have just remembered how I used to tell OH in Koh Samui that I kept on feeling fish biting my feet whenever I went to cool off in the sea. He thought I was havering as he never experienced the same. The fish just knew they were on to a good thing with me! :rofl
It's a shame you have a thing about other people touching your feet, Fiona, because there really is nothing to compare with having a proper pedicure done by a chiropodist/podiatrist. My personal treat is to have one every 6 weeks - she does home visits - and it really is the only thing that keeps the growth of hard skin on mine under control. I'm always amazed at just how much dead skin she literally shaves off with a scalpel each time she does my feet. And I find the massaging bliss!

I first started seeing her on the recommendation of my GP because I was having repeated trouble with ingrowing nails on my big toes. That was sorted by minor surgery but I loved having it all done for me and so I kept up my regular appointments - I've not cut my own toenails in about 10years now :rofl

If you can bring yourself even just the once to have a chiropodist/podiatrist they will be able to offer you advice on the best products etc to use to help keep the hard skin soft and also give you advice on how best to try and prevent too much off a build-up. However, our feet do suffer a lot of wear and tear and nothing other than stopping walking around on them will ever stop the build-up of thickened skin and callouses but as I've discovered it can be managed. I've also found her advice on how to be sure that a pair of shoes are fitting properly invaluable - one of her comments was that she thought that I was actually wearing some shoes that were too big and that that can be just as much a problem as wearing shoes that are too small! So goodbye to a favourite pair of mules that had stretched but also goodbye to thickened skin on the balls of my feet every summer. I now only buy sandals with straps that can be adjusted so that my feet are held firmly in place and don't move around in them and flip flops are now definitely for use only around the pool and I don't use them for walking in for any length of time. These sort of things have made a real difference for me and my feet feel so much better now.

SM
I'm with you, Fiona! Cannot stand feet - mine or anyone elses - and can't bear to have them touched!! My worst nightmare would be 'sir' wanting to do the toe-sucking 'thing' Euch!!!!! :omg
Fiona wrote:
My OH thinks I may well have the world's worst feet :cry: Over the years I have tried everything going - apart from those fish.
I have finally found a miracle maker :D I bought a micro pedi before Christmas. Its like a shaver for your feet- but very gentle. After one go I couldn't believe how much hard skin it had removed. The soles of my feet are actually soft- the first time since I was a child :hyper
Anyone else got one of these?

snap hubbie got me one just love love love it lol now I don't have to be ashamed of getting them feet out on holiday ,
toe sucking :rofl That would be a form of torture for me! Sma- I honestly would have to have a sedative before a visit about my feet. Its absolutely ridiculous and annoys me that I am like that. I also can't wear flip flops as I cant have anything between my toes without feeling sick. A couple of years ago I was determined that it is all in my mind and i bought a beautiful pair of flipflops - idea was to wear them for very short periods of time at home and build up on that. I can honestly say that some days it took me 20 minutes to even get them on! Interesting fact about loose fitting footwear- I did't know that.
But I don't need to worry anymore as my micro pedi has changed my feet from a nightmare to bliss :D Pity it can't help me to wear flipflops as well :lol: Tammie- :tup
Can you not wear any type of open footwear fi.. Im thinking of a mule, birkenstock type rather than a flip flop that goes between your toe.
yes I can lyn. Its just that i see so many beautiful flipflops in my travels and would so love to wear them.
Fiona wrote:
toe sucking :rofl That would be a form of torture for me! Sma- I honestly would have to have a sedative before a visit about my feet. Its absolutely ridiculous and annoys me that I am like that. I also can't wear flip flops as I cant have anything between my toes without feeling sick. A couple of years ago I was determined that it is all in my mind and i bought a beautiful pair of flipflops - idea was to wear them for very short periods of time at home and build up on that. I can honestly say that some days it took me 20 minutes to even get them on! Interesting fact about loose fitting footwear- I did't know that.
But I don't need to worry anymore as my micro pedi has changed my feet from a nightmare to bliss :D Pity it can't help me to wear flipflops as well :lol: Tammie- :tup

no were you stand on flip flops, I cant bare the thing in between my toes, ive tried putting a sticky plaster/ cotton wool but to no avail just cnt do it, but yes new feet all around lol
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.