Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
well done on managing to post the photo :) You can post the link from imageshack directly on the forum- you don't need the url button here ;)
Iv'e found lots of photos of food in the Goa photo albums, here's one of mine-
x lassi
mmmmm, its making my mouth water. I have just had a rogan josh for breakfast, i dont usually eat until lunch, but i needed to eat something to take an antibitoc with, so i opted for last nights takeaway :rofl
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y52/Sativasolar/thDSCN1450.jpg

Chef Soumyens Butterscotch creme broulle mmmmmmmm
ummmm!! looks lush! ;)
chilly

I tried this its absoulutley wonderful

This photo link is to a dessert called "Darchheen", its ice cream on a bed of deep fried noodles rolled in honey

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/gallery/Candolim/Candolim_Goa_2006_E

GM06 Ian
Tandoori crab at the Riverview Cavelossim

http://content.imagesocket.com/images/1530482712_9e05e8e29f0b1.jpg
I thought I would help reduce the number of visitors to Goa and make sure there is enough kingfisher and honeybee this coming season and post this :rofl

Ingredients for an old local recipe' for Sorpatel

1kg Pork, 1/2 kg pork liver and heart,

1 cup of fresh pork blood (this should be mixed fresh in half a cup of vinegar and kept asid)-optional

1/4 bottle vinegar, 30 dried red chillies, 1 teaspoon cuminseeds 1 inch of turmeric, 4 cloves, 5 peppercorns, 1 inch cinnamon,

1 full pod of garlic, 2 inches ginger, 3 onions, 4 green chillies

If anybody wants the instructions I can post them too......

I love this bit though Sorpatel tastes better the next day. Tastes even better after 3 days and even later. It remains even for a week. Should be heated and cooled once a day till it lasts.

Anyone for Sorpatel )

and part of the instructions include the line Finally add the ***** but mash it very fine, stirring evenly, otherwise lumps will form......I'll leave the blank to the imagination lol

for the hotch potch known as haggis

let the scotsman yearn and yell

for the taste of yorkshire pudding

let the english family dwell

for the famed tandoori chicken

that punjabis praise like hell

but for us who hail from goa

there is nothing like sorpotel

and verse 3

From the bigwigs in Colaba

To the small fry in cavel

From the growing tribes in Bandra

To the remnants in Parel

vs4

From the lovely girls in Glaxo

To the boys in Burmah Shell

There's no Goan whose mouth won't water

When you talk of Sorpotel

oh for christmas dinner

do you think it would be swell

if by some freak of fortune

or by some magic spell

we could,as they have in goa

a bottle of the cajel

and toddy leavened sannas

to go with sorpotel.

:cheers :cheers
Sweets at the Taj hotel when they had the Friday nights on ..YUM Gemma 33 and I had a field day here
http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/2449/1001788en7.jpg
are the sweets on the photo weight watchers they look yummy, i will prob put a stone on in december. to hell with the diet
Yummy what a nice picture Irishcolleen and it brings back happy memories :D
Remember the white chocolate fountain at the Taj :hyper that was fantastic.
Do they still have those nights each Friday, maybe me and you and Polly50 should go along this November.

P.S. Yes no need to worry llindabrad, everything is Weight Watchers approved :rofl
:rofl linda dont worry you dont need to watch what you eat in December all you need to do is set a lettuce leaf on your plate and it wont look so bad :rofl
Gemma as far as I know the taj stoped doing the fridays nights ..but maybe someone else will know if they are still on and could let us know I would love to go again
I'm up for it, if its still on ladies.
Colleen and Polly we will need to make enquiries, might even look on the Taj website and see what is says. I cant wait :hyper days are getting closer :yipee
It was off last year, shame it was always a good night out, a bit of posh!! see how the other half live.
The Taj has a new German catering manager who feels he does not want the plebs in on Friday - more is the pity as we had some good nights there. Always took visitors there to impress them - have stayed at the Taj and it is a nice place to have a holiday for a special treat.
Souymans does a brilliant meal - he did his training at the Taj in Mumbai and it shows.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.