General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Jeanie, I reckon they've ran out due to the demand this forum has generated - both my mum and I bought it a couple of months ago having read all the great reviews on here! I haven't yet tried it but if it is as good as everyone says and Elemis have discontinued the product I'm going to be so upset.

Look back a couple of posts - someone has given other stockists where hopefully you can buy some for your grand-daughter. Good Luck :)
I got an email today as well. Will have to look for another supplier who is offering 2 for 1, otherwise I won't be buying :rofl .
hi

ordered mine off ebay cost £24 for2,that includes postage so only a few pound more.
would have been really disappointed as I promised my teenage daughter I would get her some after hearing about it here.
jeanie
Does this still work on very fair freckly skin with people with red hair.... i really cant believe it does,im 40 and gave up about 20 years ago trying to get a tan
ndshelton wrote:
Does this still work on very fair freckly skin with people with red hair.... i really cant believe it does,im 40 and gave up about 20 years ago trying to get a tan
I have the same complexion as you and I didn't see any real difference with the Elemis. The only way I've ever got a "colour" is by steady long-term (ie. all summer) well-protected exposure to sunlight :shrug and I think I only get this because I'm not a "true" redhead - I have dark eyebrows/eyelashes and brown eyes.
i get my elemis stuff from qvc its much cheaper than shops and they do big slaon size.
My mum watched it on QVC the other night but they weren't offering the tan accelerator for sale sadly.
I went on salon skin care, and they have just got none left I went to purchase bogoof offer yesterday, and to no surprise no longer, I am getting mine from debenhams, or harvey nics on saturday in manchester, however will have to make do with one tube, then purchase another in a few weeks, gonna invesitgate and call elemis direct to see if its going to be discontinued, in fairness this is probably highly unlikely, as its to popular and since I started promoting this product, sales of it have sky rocketed...I will keep you all updated...
Ali 781

The reason you probably burn in the uk, as like me, at the weekend, red shoulders/arms, as abroad I tan so good, the sun is hotter abroad than here, but the rays are much stronger, and its heat is different..I am not keen sunbathing here, its just not the same...
just had another email from salon skin care to say that they had made a mistake and they weren,t discontinuing elemis just that they were out of stock and my order was being processed,consequently I now have 4 tubes winging there way to me, two I ordered from them and two I ordered from ebay.
Well I hope it works as my grandaughter will now have 4 tubes and I am £46 down!
jeanie :duh
Harvey nics have it in, so will be buying from there on saturday... £18 quid..she said they are not discontiuing it..horray!!
I didn't notice any difference when I used it last year but I tan well anyway so maybe it's best for those who don't go brown so easily.

As I bought it two for one I will use the other tube in advance of my hol just because it's there and I might as well use it! I don't think it's worth spending that amount of money and using it during the holiday as well just in case it 'might' work.
After receiving an email from Saloncare saying they were out of stock and my order was cancelled, it arrived yesterday. Will start using it today and let you know how I get on.
I've just ordered a couple of tubes from the elemis website, only going on holiday in 5 weeks but i'll start using it as soon as it comes seeing as I've got plenty of it :)
I started using mine this morning. I think it makes a difference and woudn't consider going awy without using it. Two weeks today :D
Is it really that good? I've read mixed reviews, some say is brilliant and others say it doesn't do anything. It'll be my luck that it wont do anything haha. I'll give it a shot though ;)
I tan very well except for the bottom of my legs, which never seem to get much colour, so I have bought 2 tubes of Elemis to try and if it does work it will be worth the money. I am only going to apply it to my legs so I can see if it really does make a difference - will start using it this weekend which is 2 weeks before we go away and it will be interesting to see the results. Will post the verdict on here on my return!
I started using mine this week, it was the second tube of my buy one get one free last year. A tube barely lasts me a fortnight, I can't be very generous with it and I didn't find it worked on me last year but it's here so I'll give it a go. Couldn't be bothered to use it whilst on hols as well as constantly applying sun lotion.
Sand c - it only lasts me a fortnight as well. I've got half a tube left & I won't be buying any more. I think its a very over priced & somewhat over rated product. It might work well for some, but it didn't make enough difference to my tan to justify the price tag.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.