General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Kazza
Wife has tried this for the first time this year. She started using it last week so hope fully she will get a tan when we go to Egypt next week.

Garry
Hi, i'm thinking of getting some for our holiday in august as my legs never seem to tan as much as i'd like them too, also my eldest daughter always moans she never goes very brown. Hadn't heard about it till I read about it on here :D

So does it really work? :think
I got my stock for this year - and now I'm not going away! :(

It was on offer at salonskincare.co.uk (BOGOF) BUT I don't know know if it still is.

Marie, it did work for me, I didn't burn and / or peel at all (I usually do on my shoulders)
And my tan lasted much, much longer than usual. :)
My legs got a great colour too - a major achievement!

There's been a few mixed opinions about it here last year (there's another thread
somewhere) but I would say give it a go - nothing ventured and all that... ;)

(If the offer isn't on at SSS any more, have a look on ebay, sometimes you can get it
cheap on there- I got a few tubes for less than £9 each after I had missed out on the
BOGOF ofer last year.)
Hi Marie

It does work, use it reguarly and when your away, it stops you burning and makes your skin a slight yellow tone, so thus makes you brown easier, I buy mine from harvey nics, was getting from salonskincare.com, bogoff offer, will have a look to see if its still on,,trust me its amazing stuff
Have invested in some Elemis, how far in advance of my holiday should I start using it :think ?
they say start about 2 weeks before hitting the proper sun then the cream as had its chance to do its stuff on your skin. ive read reviews on this stuff. so i am a bit inclined to sit in the garden to get the rays before my hols in september
Shame they only do it in 125ml bottles, a I'd love to give it a go, I am lucky enough to only have to take hand luggage and therefore can't take it through security :cry
I tried this for the first time this year, and I think it did make a difference as I did start to tan quicker. I seem to get to a certain level of tan and then just stay the same so I haven't gone browner but as I say, I did tan quicker. Wish it smelled a bit nicer though!
I've got to say I didn't think much of it when I used it last year - especially for the price. However I did use it before our Benidorm holiday at Easter, & considering the weather was rubbish, I did return with a slight colour. I'm going to try it again in the summer - but I'm still not convinced.
Hi

I can fully recommend this product, for me personally its the best on the market, for anyone that is not sold, try using 2 months in advance of your jollies, that way your skin will have produced more melanin than usual, for me, I am buying some at wknd, start applying twice a day, then in about 4 weeks, start using sunbed only a couple of times a week and apply elemis before I go on the sunbed, then when my hol is here on august 9th, my skin will be a fair colour, golden, and whilst away, take a tube with me, and I go the darkest I have ever gone, dont burn, dont peel, but this is also helped by bronze avon aftersun, this product also is the best aftersun on the market. both products prolong your tan, and when your back from your hols. your colour keeps for longer....no peeling skin, no redness!!!

Stockists of elemis - Manchester Harvey Nics £19 a tube
Salonskincare.co.uk - BOGOFF offer £17.50 buy one get the other free (this is really good value) Limited time only!!
House of frazer stores- £18
Lookfantastic.com - £18 :wave:
i bought this as a BOGOF ready for my holiday 16th july. first time i have ever used it but saw it was recommended on here. how long does a tube last if using it once a day? i ask this because i intend to start it 2 weeks before i go and the 2 weeks while i am away and want to know if 2 tubes is enough. hope it works.
Ali

It can last 2 weeks 1 tube, I put it on twice a day. as long as you apply to face, body, spairingly that should be fine... ;)
kazza,

thanks, glad i will have enough. just hope it works as i'm one of those people who is fair but can sit in the sun all day on a low factor and still be only slightly coloured, but burns in this country within an hour!?!?!? don't really understand :que
think im gonna have to try this, ive never tanned and i end up coming out in blotches with the sun that is till i started using piz buin oil free which helps a lot, last year on the day before we went home i was in a bar and the guy in there asked if we had just got there as i was so white :(
The same has happenened to me; a couple of times people assume I've just arrived when I'm going home :cry . Ordered my Elemis Tan Accelerator so will let you know how I get on after my 4 days in Majorca in June.
i go away in july so hopefully it works for you then ill give it a try :)
I think it does work although I can't see a fantastic difference to my tan. Maybe it's because I tan quite easily anyway. I'm going to use it again 2 weeks before my Dom Rep holiday and also once a day whilst I'm there. Even with the BOGOF offer, it's far too pricey for me to use for a month or two before I go :yikes
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.