Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi when I have stayed at the Grand or Grand Resort have always flown into Hurghada which is only a 10 minute transfer time but have taken a coach excursion from Hurghada to Luxor - this takes about 4 hours.

Where are you flying from? Have checked the Mytravel site and there are 7 & 14 day holidays available on Friday 20th July from Gatwick and 14 day hols available from Manchester. If these dates and airports are feasible could you consider paying a fee to have the booking ammended? I appreciate the price might be higher because of 'school holidays' but its worth checking all the companies in the mytravel goup as the prices fluctuate between them making a big difference on a family booking.

If a change of date is not possible I'm sure if you phone mytravel they can put your mind at rest and explain how the overnight stay/transfer works.

Have a great holiday - you have chosen a lovely hotel and are bound to have a brill time.
Thanks Ive read the reviews of the hotel and it does sound fab my son is especially looking forward to the water slides on the beach, im looking forward to a nice relaxing time both are excellant swimmers so thats good, We are flying from birmingham which is only 10 mins from our house so dont really fancy travelling to another airport but thanks anyway, I think i may go and check with the travel agents to put mind at rest, will just have to take entertainment for the kids :lol: Think we got a really good price on the holiday considering its school hols, we are in a Junior suete for 2 wks and it cost less than £1500 well I hope thats a good price sounded good to me :lol:
How lucky to live so near an international airport! Do let us know how you get on with the transfer/stopover.

If you decide to go back during the winter season you will be pleased to know there are there are flights from Birmingham direct to Hurghada!
I think i may phone the tour opperatour in the the week to check and see what they say, when we booked it last August (Cant believe how quick it has come around) they did say there was a chance the flights would be changed so that we fly into Hurghada but still waiting for that to happen :roll: In the end i dont care as long as we do arrive we are really looking forward to staying in the hotel :D
If you are transferred from Luxor airport to Hurghada, you will be travelling with one of the "security convoys", which to the best of my knowledge, only go twice a day. It will depend, therefore on the arrival time of your flight as to whether you spend the first night in Luxor. Having said that, I'm sure the TO will have things planned to ensure your transfer runs smoothly as it is a fairly long one.
Hi Familygen,

You could fling from Hurgada to Luxor for one night it is easy. Your tour in Luxor with pick up and returan to Hurgada in the 6pm convoy, next day if you stay one night or same day. Someone will meet you inside Luxor airport holding a card with your name. The tour include transfer and air-con transport own guide.
Usal tour is as follows.............................

West Bank
Colossi of Memmon
Valley of Kings
Hatshepsut's temple
Medint Habu

Lunch included

East Bank
Luxor temple
Karnak temple

I think the price 500LE pp. With the local people and I think this price much better an the tour rap.

I'm sure you will have Great time in Egypt.

If you have any qeution, feel free to PM me I will be happy to help you if I can,

Kind regards,

Moudi.
Sorry I forget to say childeran under 12 half price.
We have just had a letter from the tour operater we are still flying to Luxor and we are being put up for one night in Luxor in the hotel Sofitel Karnack, have read the reviews and the hotel sounds nice, will just treat it like an excursion apparently you can see the nile from the hotel so that would be nice :D Then we transfer to hurgahda at 7am, the only problem is coming home we have to leave hurgahda at 4am :yikes though once we get to luxor they will put us up in a hotel and give us a buffet so could be worse :?
Glad you know what is happening now and I think you are taking exactly the right attitude in treating it as an excursion. It is part of your holiday after all! Hopefully your plane will land early enough for you to get at least a glimpse of Luxor, its intriguing as a city although I suspect your two kids will be shattered when you get that far. Dont worry about the Sofitel, it is a very nice hotel.
Have a great time!
Agree with Carrot to treat it as part of the experience. When you leave Luxor there will be loads to keep the children interested for the first part of the journey - the houses and scenery on the outskirts are so unlike here its fascinating. Theres plenty of time for dozing when you are crossing the desert.
I am really looking forward to it now especially as we now know whats happening, both the kids normally sleep on the plane no matter what time we fly :lol: infact they normally sleep through the meal so me and hubby quite often get seconds :D

Unfortunaly we dont arrive in Luxor till about 8pm which is a shame as we were hoping to go into Luxor and try and visit Karnak temple but dont think that will be possible it will be to late i bet by the time we get through cutoms and to the hotel, though hopefully we will walk through the hotel gardens and at least get a photo of the nile :D , though on the way back we leave hurghada at 4am should be in luxor by 10 ish and dont fly till 8.45 pm so perhaps we could do a quick visit on our last day :?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.