Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Hi

I think I would take half board option,especially if it is a buffet,the children can then have as much as they want of whatever they fancy.Not sure of prices as we always go half board or all-inclusive.
hi keefg, i am with oscarben on this one. Not only that, if you were to eat out everyday you may have the added worry of traipsing round trying to find somewhere that has on offer what would suit you all, and then there is the wait for the food. As you said you have no qualms about the food at the hotel, i would opt for that and eat out as a treat a few nights. - As for prices, yes everything has gone up, so just take that into consideration when budgeting for spends. have a great time - we are off to escana, (yet again) in a couple of weeks and can't wait - dotty
speaking as an ibiza dweller i can tell you that everything hasn't gone up, more that the value of the pound has gone down. visitors from the euro zone will notice little difference in prices this year as opposed to last.

sdII
hi spottydog, Oops! thanks for putting me straight, i stand corrected, it's just that when we were there last year, we did notice a price rise in certain things, drinks for example, and as keefg hadn't been back to ibiza since 2006 i thought they may notice a difference that was all - dotty
Cheers for the replies folks....

SDII - as an Ibiza Dweller you're probably more qualified to answer the original question than most then. Do you think its possible to eat only (brekkie & evening meal no drinks included) for around 55 euros per day give or take 10 - 20 ish?

As originally said i have no qualms going HB with the hotel but i'd prefer to sample the delights of lots of places if possible. I've just read on another review site that somebody upgraded to HB after a few days as it was almost 50% cheaper than eating out every night. If this is the cae then my mind is made up!!!
you will be better off going for upgrade.meals are ready to eat soon as you seat down.more choice and eat as much as you wish.you could for a treat dine out a few times.best to prioce it up when you get there.might be better going for h/b plus the drinks.you know how much you can drink in a day.ie water pop ect.no need to carry money around pool area then.and kids can get there own drinks when ever.
Ta for that, we're going for 14 nights and only planned on upgrading for 10 nights anyway so we are having a few nights out.

Seems that upgrading is the best bet then huh?
not sure really with this hotel.but most state it has to be the length of your stay from 1st date or 2nd part of you stay.ie 7 days.ask them when you get there anyway.don;t worry they will help you out
With them, however many days you upgrade to HB they must run consecutive. Which doesnt work out too good for us as i'd want the 10 days to run at the end of the holiday (when cash starts to run low) but some friends of ours are coming to Ibiza for our 2nd week so we plan on going out with them a couple of times.....which means we're paying for HB and not using it :(

Ah well,cant have it all ways i suppose!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.