Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Haven't been to the beach yet so can't comment on shacks. Seems a bit quieter than usual though. Weather is very good.
Hardly anyone around at the moment,a few foreign tourists and a few more Indian tourists.Some of the shacks are up,but even these are empty.I think the local population will suffer this season.Maybe it's a kick up the @rse they need to improve things.

John
Everywhere is quiet, went to baga though thousands of domestic indians but not in the shacks, most of the shacks are up but not all functioning.
Rests/bars are also quiet,passed All spice in Arpora only 2 tables and that goes for most of the places.
Shacks have hiked up there prices 50rps a small budwieser, 40rps coffee didnt dare ask for the food menu.
Local people are asking "where are your friends" meaning FN's quite a few french/russians, went to the Osbourne that only had the odd couple in.
Goa needs this reality check unfortunately and in the papers tourist minister is trying to overturn the decision to stop music at 10.30pm now, think his abit to late in the day for that. tourists have already found out no music after 10.30 and who wants to go to bed that early when your on holiday.
:(
Things feel a lot quieter in the Calangute beach area regarding foreign tourists but I have noticed a big increase in the Indian tourists compared to this time last year. I believe the beach shacks are charging 100 rups a bed as many of the indian tourists dont eat or buy drinks at the shacks. The shacks started with only about 10-20 beds so we will see what happens in the next few weeks there is supposed to be a limit on the number of beds.
Early November so always quiet then anyway ?
Apparently with the exchange rate at the moment a large bottle of King's is working out over a pound...
18 months ago I think they were charging about 70 rupees a bottle so I guess they are 75 or 80 now ?
Whatever happens to the rate, even if it dropped to 65 ( hope not!!!) everything is considerably cheaper than the UK, and certainly cheaper than holidaying in Europe. It's the only place we can afford to eat out in regularly !
I totally agree. No way could i afford to eat out like I do in India... where else can you get a good breakfast including coffee for less than £1.50?! :tup
But I really do hope it doesn't drop much more as I am on bit of a budget!!
kingfisher is selling at around 60-70 according to my o/h... our shack had loads of beds out yesterday (Calangute) but nowhere was busy but then it is early yet as spike says, yes a lot of Russian tourists about and Indians, a few well polished people from Delhi in our regular shack in full muslim dress, quite unusual to see compared to other years... but people are beginning to arrive i think... albeit slowly!! :think the restaurants appear quite empty too...some shacks still not up though usual problems... and have seen the lifeguard jeep and jet ski, all looking efficient... it is good to see some lifeguards about..not before time to be honest... time will prove how effective they are
chilly
£1 for a large kingfisher :yikes :que im only gonna be able to buy 975 this year, shhhhuuuush i know none of you will tell colleen :cheers slan(cheers)
The Diwali is over and things are now VERY quiet the kids are back to school. Everyone is waiting for tourists but they know there is a recession on.

I'm in Benaulim right now and everyone is saying it is unusually quiet. Am I complaining?

Weather is FAB.
Anyone in Goa know if the Big Banana is up and operating yet?
:think
Fizzy i am sure that chilly says its not open becaue the owner moved away :think

not 100% but sure i read it on one off the posts

Pip
x
:tup
just found it on buget resterants in north goa.

sorry cant do links
Pip
x
No Adele that was banana moon :D
chilly
I'm still in Benaulim and no change... maybe 20 Europeans arriving/departing every week.

What's it like in Vagator and Baga. I'm moving up there on Saturday for 2 weeks. Is it still quiet?
Chilly, whats the news on the Big Banana? I would think they are open myself but this is Goa we are talking about so anything can happen :que
I will try and take a walk donw there tomorrow Fizzy but i am sure they must be open ... had a few too many coffees tonight!!
chilly ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.