Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
I think i know this hotel, its at the helnan marina end of naama bay, up the road from there , past the bowling alley. Its about a 10 min stroll down to the main part of naama bay, but about 15 mins back as its slightly uphill.
I stayed there in jan 2000 , last minute holiday, it was more than OK, it had a big pool and bar/snack area , a buffet restaurant for breakfast, it also did evening meals, but as all the other restaurants are nearby you probably end up going out, trying something different.
It had a disco/bar that we didn't bother with, it appeared a bit dated, but it did have a Thai restaurant that was excellent, we even made a special effort to go there again when we were staying at the Farouyz in oct 2002, and once again the food was excellent, as good as any i've tasted in Thailand!!
I'm sure that the hotel i've described is the Sharm Holiday Hotel, but the better half thinks it was called Sharm Holiday Village??? i dunno, might be wrong/right, hopes this helps?
Thanks Andy for your help.

We have booked 2 adults and 1 child for 13 Oct for 14 nights, one of which is half term week and it cost us £1163 for the 3 of us. We booked with Odyssey/Olympic worldwide and thought it was a good price B&B.

When you compare prices with Thomson and the others even the Hilton is 200+ cheaper with Odyssey and seeing that we were going B&B we thought we would go for this 3/4 star hotel.

Anne-Marie
I have heard good things about this hotel,is there a bath in the and coffee making facilties

thanks
There is a bath in the hotel but there is not any coffee making facilities which is quite rare to find in Egypt I am told. We always take our own kettle etc and get the cups from the hotel dining room.
excellent hotel just got back i would hugley recommend. spotless clean everyone helpful about 5 mins into centre. would recommend
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.