Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
http://www.travelrepublic.co.uk/holiday/hoholidaydetails.aspx

without knowing when or where from , found a couple on here that were "reasonable prices"
i.e. around £1400 for 2 people for 2 weeks.
maybe help
it seems that jewel in the crown have the best deals at the moment
ice lolly have emailed me some decent deals but didin't check how many add ons there are.
luggage, tranfers etc etc etc
Thanks for all the suggestions but I'm not really having any luck...guess I had too good a deal to start with.

Anyway, a development of sorts!!!

It turns out its my return flight thats been pulled, my out bound is still running. Cosmos in their infinite wisdom have knocked back my departure by two days so that "I still get a holiday of the same duration" rather then extend my holiday by 2 days and hence the dodgy stop over flight out. So I asked them today if I could still have the original outbound flight, take the amended return and pay them for two extra days accommodation. Cosmos say this is not possible because:

A) they cant process a 16 day holiday through their computers

B) even if they could they have pulled the hotel from their brochure for the dates I'm travelling because they can't process 16 day holidays through their computers - I swear thats what they said!

C) its illegal for them to sell me a flight without accommodation pre-booked for the full extent of my stay.

When I pointed out politely (and I mean politely, there's been no loss of temper on the phone yet) that I thought this was a bit unreasonable and seeing as it was only 7 weeks before our departure i didn't really have any options but to accept what they were doing they said "you do, you can cancel for a full refund and go and book yourself a holiday elsewhere".

Now is it just me or does their position seem a little unreasonable........I can't help but think of Little Britain and "computer says no". Any ideas how I can get around this? Frankly I'm so peeved off with cosmos that I'm tempted to cancel and re-book the flight only. It'll cost me another £ 300 odd but I'm almost at the point where I'd rather do that than pay them for anything...Is it just me, am I being unreasonable, should I just swallow what they're saying?

btw our friends who were on the same flights as us but booked flight only direct with monarch have had their return set back by two days but are still on the original outbound flight so I know what I'm asking is possible if I was dealing with Monarch direct.
Hi Fritz,

I'm sorry to hear that you're unhappy with our customer service. I think there has been a bit of a misunderstanding somewhere. If you can drop us an email with your name, booking reference, and phone number to mail@cosmos.co.uk, I'll have another look at your booking and see if there is anything I can do to assist you.

Many thanks

MB
Cosmos Holidays
MB

Thank you so much for your kind offfer of assistance.

e-mail has been sent.

Regards

Fritz
Welcome to HT CosmosHolidays :wave:

It is always nice to have companies openly come and join HT with offers of help and assistance for our members :tup
Well I'm pleased to say that MB has restored my faith in Cosmos. I am now one very happy customer again.

Everything is now sorted (although there's some paperwork to take care of).

Thank you so much for your help MB, it really is very much appreciated.

Regards

Fritz

P.S. I didn't post your real name in case you get inundated with phone calls.
Hi Fritz

Many thanks for the kind words, ill pass your comments onto our team, and I hope you have a great holiday.

Many thanks

MB
Cosmos Holidays
Well done CosmosHolidays / MB :tup Glad you are now sorted Fritz :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.