Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Hi Taggy not long for you now I bet your counting the days.

I got back Xmas eve after a fabulous week, the trip I would have recomended to you was Villajoyosa, as its one of my favorite places but at the moment their digging up the prom so the beach front bars and eateries are closed.

We also got the bus( no 10 stops close to The Regente) to Albir and spent a few hours there and then onto Altea, then the train back to Benidorm. Both places have sea fronts and nice bars. If you go to Albir there`s a nice Tapas bar, I can`t remember the name but if you get off at the stop after Albir gardens it`s on the left hand side.

All three places are only 10/20 mins journey

Christine W
Javier and Denia are nice places to visit. I think you can get there by train, although we usually go by car.

There is a normal blue and white no 20 bus that goes to Guadalest every wednesday for the market. It sets off from the centro at 9:10am and returns at 12:30. Not sure of the cost, but its only a few euros.
The train does go to Denia but not Javea which is 9 km from Denia, over the Montgo mountain which dominates the landscape there. The route is very scenic but would probably take about an hour whereas its only 20-30 minutes by car. The line actually stops at Denia but once you get off, you are central for many things - such as the old town, the fishermens quarters, port, new marina and the castle, as well as the main avenue and all the little streets and shops leading off. As you can probably tell, I am a big fan of the town.
Is Denia an easy place to find your way around on foot Laurie? Do you know if there is a street plan/map available or not. I quite like the sound of it. Also the Restaurant you mentioned in another post too, i'd quite like to give that a try! :)
It is fairly easy on foot as you have the Montgo as a major landmark plus, of course, the seafront (not so easy by car if you are new to the town). The tourist info office is just a few yards from the railway station so unless you arrive during siesta you will be able to get a map, although I am sure you could download one from the internet. English is not always widely spoken although I think this is changing slowly and they do speak english in the tourist info. Al Gusto is in Calle Colon which runs parallel to the main avenue and is within walking distance - not sure if they open at 12 noon or 1pm but if you get there after two you might not get a table as it is popular with locals. Rail timetables are also available online. Dont hesitate to ask if you have any more questions.
Note for Taggy
Phone no for Al Gusto 966 427 830
Apologies for not responding to your other post, but have only just read it properly as I thought it was referring solely to restaurants in Benidorm.
Cheers for that Laurie am hoping to visit whilst we are in Benidorm in January, but as we are only there for 4 nights may have to leave it to later in year, but from the info you have provided i'm looking forward to it. :D
Hi,

My girlfriend and I were in Beni in Nov (she was a Beni virgin too!), we had a great day out in Albir and Altea as someone else has mentioned, its a short bus ride (we stayed at the Rincon end of Levante beach),

Altea is very scenic and there are lots of great restaurants + bars.

You could also catch the 'Lemon Express' , a train that will take you all the way down the coast, it is more expensive for the ride but worth it. ( someone may know if it is running at this time of year). When we were there in November the local market day for Altea was Thursday but again someone may know if it is on at this time of year.

I have a week off in January (week starting the 9th) and we are now becoming very tempted to go!

have a great holiday

Dave + Pam
Just wondering,in choosing between Denia and Altea which would be considered the most Picturesque, will prob only be able to visit one of them this time, for a morning/afternoon trainride, nice stoll and a few Tapas? :D
Hi Taggy, wish i were you, i would love to be going to Beni now.
I would go to Altea if i were you, it's only 20 minutes away and there are lots of Tapas bars and great restaurants along the prom, when i was there last i found a restaurant that only served fresh sardines, they were wonderfull :)
You could have a wonder around the old part of Altea, that is very scenic, then either catch the train back or jump on the bus, whatever you decide to do have a great time. :wave
Crystalxx[/url]
Taggy, If you could get to Altea on a Tuesday it's market day. Last time we went to Altea we got the bus there and got the train back but didn't know that you had to have a ticket prior to travelling. Good job we didn't get caught. We missed our stop at Beni and ended up at the shopping centre at Finistrat (I think) where the Carryfour is. There was no barrier we just walked off the train without paying, we felt a bit guilty but what could we do. I could do with Sanji with me as a guide when I'm on holiday. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sue :) :)
Taggy.
As you are only there for 4 days :cry: I would go to Altea on market day and here you can kill 2 birds with 1 stone and buy your Spanish cookware :D

You can also go to Albir either on your way back from Altea, or make it another day out.
I personally, prefer Albir...I don`t know why :roll: it`s just the feel of the place, I get bored with Altea sorry :oops:

You can also go up to Finestrat Pueblo, this is a typical Spanish village in the mountains, and has some stunning views..
It`s all down to personal choice, but I was sooo busy in Benidorm over xmas, that I only got as far as Altea this visit. :oops:

Besos xxx
Sanji
As you have only half a day, then I would agree with the others in staying local to Benidorm. Denia would need more than half a day if you are travelling by train or bus. It is about 30 mins by car.
Thanks Folks Altea it is then. Actually Tuesday does fit in best for a run out for us and seeing its market day there so much the better. Happy Days! :D
Let me know what you think to Altea as I would like to visit it myself. I understand there are art galleries there which I would be interested to see. I've passed through on the 332 but never managed to see the town properly.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.