Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Great report Carmel :tup

Welcome to the Benidorm Brigade :lol: I'm afraid to say, that the addiction needs a fix regularly.

So glad you got about the town despite the weather...some people never make it to the beach :roll:

Hopefully the weather will be kinder on your next visit .....

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiii
Thanks for the thumbs up Sanji.

I always like to go exploring when I go away - I could never stay in a hotel complex for a week and not venture out.

We were lucky that I have a friend who lives in Albir who met us and took us out in her car and showed us all the sights. We spent one evening at her house on the mountain which had stunning views. Later she showed us around Albir which I thought was lovely. I was very impressed with all the roundabouts on the way from Albir to Benidorm - all modern sculptures and water & light features, very spectacular at night!

One other thing I forgot to mention was how cheap I thought it was compared to Mallorca, meals out & drinks were about a third of the price less. Also all the fabulous leather shops - any jacket for 100 euros!!

I will have to start saving for April - its my husbands 50th whilst we are there, so the trip is a present for him. Cunning present hey! as I get to go to!!

Anyway only 5 months to go!!

Carmel :wave
Welcome home Carmel...Really glad that you enjoyed your first trip to Benidorm, and that you managed to experience the diversity of the resort and the surrounding area. As Sanji says...now that you have had your first fix...you will be hooked..but its a very nice addiction! By the way I'm off to Blackpool tomorrow night to see a show, and will be there next weekend too with the lad to see a couple more shows at the Grand Theatre which we love!

Best Regards - Taggy :)
We were lucky that I have a friend who lives in Albir who met us and took us out in her car and showed us all the sights. We spent one evening at her house on the mountain which had stunning views.

Hi Carmel
Yes I'm very blessed with a dear friend who lived in La Nucia and she has taken me all over the place....10 mins out of Beni in a car and you're in another world....I only wish I possessed a camcorder at that time. :cry:
Her house was in Urb Panorama and the shape of it was like a mini castle, god I'd have sold my soul to the devil to live there :rofl
I think out of all the places she has taken me, Finestrat Pueblo was the most amazing place...not a lot there, but the drive was incredible and the air was so fresh, plus you felt like you could just stretch out an arm and touch the mountains and the view was amazing from a little viewing balcony in the pueblo.

She has now moved to Polop to live and I'm looking forward to seeing her new house...the last time I was in Benidorm she was in bed ill with a chest infection ( too much gloss paint being used and too many ciggies me thinks) :lol: and as she is a singer, that was not good news, so I told her to stay wrapped up in bed and we'll see her soon.
We phone each other, but it's not the same....Not long until Xmas to wait now.
Just paid the final invoice today...so that seems to make it nearer. :lol:

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Hi Carmel :D

So pleased you enjoyed your first time in Benidorm.

We too, were Benidorm 'virgins(!)' and we too, stayed at the Terralta Apartments (what superb accommodation hey!).

Our favourite was definitely the old town, but we did venture out to the Poniente and Levante sides too.

We had some superb evenings out, eating, drinking and even dancing the night away :pele (have never seen my 15 year old lad dance before!!!). I remember, at some point in the early hours, thinking 'all these people, all of different nationalities, having such a good time!' Was a lovely sight! Perhaps the san miguels helped too!!!! :glynis
However, we had some 'quieter' evenings too, where we would walk along the front, watching the locals playing football on the beach (my lads loved this!) find somewhere to eat, have a few drinks and have a lovely stroll back.

All in all, one of our best ever holidays, and like I've said before, we've had some good 'uns!!!

We will definitely return :sun

Best Regards

Elaine :fly
PS - Sanji you lucky thing, wish we were there at Christmas :cry: !!!!!
Hi Taggy

If you are coming to Blackpool you had better bring warm clothes and an umbrella - weather not too good at the moment. Hope you have a good time at the Grand - its such a spectacular building.

Sanji

Not to long for you to wait Xmas is only round the corner - I saw my first Christmas Tree today in the window of a hotel!!

I bet you have a fabulous time there at Xmas. I have heard they have a lovely Nativity scene on Calle Pal near the Pig & Whistle.

We are going to hire a car in April because I want to do more exploring, I would really like to go to Valencia. But when you are only there a week you are a bit restricted with time. Any idea of what the weather will be like - we are going from 7th to 14th April, hopefully we will see some sunshine. After the rain we saw the other week anything would be an improvement!! We ended up taking off our shoes and paddling down the streets!

I will try and post some photos soon.

Carmel :wave
hi carmel we were there also few weeks ago when they had the torrential rain i have been in benidorm when its rained before but nothing like what we saw few weeks ago we are returning in june then again in sept but seems agea an ages away wish i was going for xmas like sanji :oops:
Carmel,

So glad you enjoyed your first trip to Benidorm despite the nasty weather. The first trip of many, by the sound of it.

Welcome to the fan club. :)
Glad you enjoyed. It has magnetic powers does Beni!!!!!

We first went 5yr ago for the "sake of the kids (teens)"!! Have been back twice since and are going again in Jan and Oct 08 totally childless!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.