Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
our reviews for Toksoy are here. Looks like a great choice :)
Hi kristinasheart

I have stayed several times at the Toksoy since 2000 and absolutely love it there, it's like a 2nd home now! The apartments are well equipped with comfy beds and are spotlessly clean, as are the pool/bar areas. It's lovely and quiet too, away from the madness of the front. Apo and his family are brilliant hosts, nothing is too much trouble. The pool is fairly small but just right for a refreshing dip, although there is no shallow end. There are bar snacks available all day and evening and the pizzas are to die for. There is no evening "entertainment" as such but people who stay there (like us!) tend to go there year after year and the majority of people are really friendly and mix well. Apo is always up for a laugh too, his spoken English is excellent and he is very knowledgable. The apartments are quite a way from the beach, set back at the foot of the mountains but just around the corner are a selection of shops, restaurants (Musti's is excellent, as is Haci's, further up the main road) and a large supermarket. The dolmus (bus) station is just on the next corner and all 4 routes take you down to the Maxi Tansas near the beach front/marina or if you are feeling fit you could walk it. Hope this helps.
Hi kittimus, thanks so much for all the info, sounds like a nice place to stay and walking isn't really a problem in May. Can't wait :cheers

KH
We've just booked here for July, hotel sounds gorgeous, not seen a bad review! Anyone got any pics though, haven't been able to find any except for the ones in the brochure, thought there may be a site?
we left the toksoy about 5 days ago, we'd stayed for two weeks.

what everyone says is true, it's a pleasant enough place in a quiet area and apo and his family are really friendly and helpful - particularily apo's brother who does the night shift. his english is not as good as apo's but he's alot of fun. :)
there are apparently 14 rooms in total, with about 3/4 of them being private rooms.

ours was a *tad* ropey around the edges but this is probably more due to it's location within the complex - it's jammed in the corner and the balcony is in shadow 24/7 so it is likely not always occupied (or it's not been given attention because it's only the start of the season). that said, it was only trivial things wrong in our room: the taps were wired up back to front, you couldn't get hot water from the shower, the room is always dark because the windows/balcony don't get any sun, some exposed wiring here and there.

overall we enjoyed our time there. everyone was friendly and it's very clean. the guests are all english and most of them regulars, plus all the dolmus/buses down to marmaris run from practically the end of the lane (outside the nostradmus travel place - which is canny enough for booking your trips, though 'tommy' can be a bit blonde sometimes if you re-arrange your trip(s) but in fairness he always sorted it out and his prices weren't huge).

amenity wise, if you go down the lane then left and left again there is a supermarket there on the left hand side called 'pehlivanoglu' i believe and next door to that a nice little cafe place ran by an english woman called 'meeting place'. opposite the supermarket is a really nice place called violet's restaurant where the food is reasonably priced and there's quite a selection - the english breakfasts are the best we had.

on our first couple of days we had breakfast and a couple of meals at mustis restaurant which is just at the end of the lane but the food wasn't great and it cost a bomb - on one occasion it was 50YTL (around 22GBP) for two chicken and chips, the chicken being a flat piece of breast. the people there are very friendly, but we found they didn't offer much food and what there was was overpriced - same with the drinks really.

attached are a few photographs (EDIT: can't add photos or links despite only signing up for an account to fulfil your request :rofl:).

maybe you can pick up the links from:
paste2.org/p/31594

oh, and watch out for their newest family member - a stray black puppy. he appeared about 4/5 days before we left and while perfectly pleasant he's getting very confident and playful and his teeth are like razors: he nipped and scratched my hands and arms about half a dozen times so if he gets a handful put him out next to the pool table or he'll keep at it!

don't be fooled - he's cute but this little fella eats kids for breakfast.
I've booked to stay at the Toksoy Apartments in June for 2 weeks and was just wondering if anyone had stayed there recently? I hear good reviews from regular visitors but also some reviews that say since the hotel has been taken over by new owners its not as good as it once was, just wanting some more infromation regarding things like what time do buses run until to the strip and any good places to drink! :D Any help would be muchly appreciated! :cheers
Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
Can't see the pics, any chance you could email me them?? Shall PM you my email address now and if you have chance to send me them I'd really appreciate it :)
negatives - tiny tiny tiny pool and not enough loungers, really far away from main town centre, it has new management and new staff (new staff again this year)

positives - rooms are clean and big, its quiet and as the apartments are small you get to know everyone!

Dolmus is approx 1 lira i think but they stop about midnight then a taxi is approx 10 or 15 lira
I'm not fancy i can make do with a towel on the floor as my sunbed :D The pool is a bit of an issue as im tiny...and armbands don't really suit a 24 year old..
I'll be using it as a base camp mainly, somewhere to sleep, ill be spending most of my time at my friends hotel cos im staying here alone but the fact i'll get to know people easily will be a bonus, not just one of the masses! Or i'll be at the beach which ive heard is a short trip away but i've 2 weeks to fill so I should be fine.
Is it true what i've heard that the night life stops around 12ish now? :S I was hoping for something more like 5am so i can go to the beach straight away haha! Thanks for the reply, wasn't sure anyone would still be on this thread!
You are a good abit away from the nightlife but taxi's are always available.

Beachfront stops about 1am and then for the main nightlife you want to head to the bar street on the marina. That place has the biggest open aired night clubs in Europe. You wont be disappointed. It finishes on bar street between 6am to 8am. My friends and I tend to stumble back to the hotel about that time. crazy daisy is great and the new bar x down there is fun also. becareful of tequila shack.....it can get messy as the tequila is cheap!!

I have never stayed at Toksoy but I did have friends who worked there and we would go up there to meet them and then into town. There isn't much nightlife going on in at apts but the sunday night bbq and turkish night is good fun.

You will have a great time.

ps the owners have a dog called chico which roams about the hotel. I hope you like dogs!
A dog called chico...im seeing myself getting drunk and annoying everyone singing its Chico time.. :duh I've heard of this dog on other threads but have no problems with them at all even if he is a bit nippy as ive read he is!

Shame its a bit away from the nightlife but i think i'd be spending most days down near the beachfront and then going straight to the pubs and clubs so it will just be the taxi back ill have to get which im glad to hear they're reliable! If its light enough i'll have a nice sobering stumble home, bit worried about being the only one at that hotel so when i left them i'd be at risk so id prefer to spend money on a taxi to be safe once ive left them.

You have no idea how useful this information is, had i not come on here i'd have been thinking everywhere shuts at midnight, least now i can drag my drunk friends to the marina once they close for what sounds like an amazing time, may have to get searching for some pictures and things of these clubs, im at that stage of anitcipation where i can't stop looking into things about the place im going to. My first real holiday with the guys so its gunna be awesome and its been a long time coming! :D
Think i may avoid the tequila shack as me and my friends used to have tequila nights, the smell makes me shudder and i hear marraccas...not good :P
To beachfront from Toksoy you are looking at a 45 - 50 minute walk. To bar street it would be an hour or just over. We never walked it, we would always get a lift up to the apts then a taxi down to bar street.

definately take a taxi back as Toksoy is off the main road so to speak and you would need to walk down a dual carriage way if you didn't want to walk the scenic route back to the apts.

Toksoy is in armutalan which is basically a suburb of marmaris. The resort is easy enough to get about. I would recommend dolmus during the day and taxi at night.

We are out in Marmaris the second week in June this year but I wont be at Toksoy as my friend isn't working there anymore. Have fun though!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.