Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
dipity407 wrote:
Hello,

Just wondered if anyone lived around these areas?

We have been holidaying at a villa there since 2008 but our last visit was just before the Zenia Boulevard opened (which i'm looking forward to checking out when we head over in August, heard good things)

We have heard conflicting stories about the little Los Dolses commercial centre though, friends of ours who have just recently returned from there insist its being closed down soon and that Gingers bar and a lot of the buisnesses have gone.
I know there wasn't much there but we always found it handy for a coffee,bank or quick drink on our way out,
Always found the guy at Gingers to be friendly and the drinks were cheap!.

Thanks in advance

Hi there

Yes it is true that Gingers has closed, there are still several bars and cafes open and a good atmosphere during the day, not sure about the night as we prefer the nearby Villamartin Plaza. A little further up the road is the Rioja centre which also has a few bars and restaurants and this is worth a visit. The new shopping centre is fantastic, live music most nights and every shop and restaurant you could ever want. We live at Villamartin so will try to answer any other questions you may have.

Denise
Hi Denise,

I have only just noticed your reply several months later! I just wanted to say thanks for replying!

We had another great visit last August. We LOVED Zenia Boulevard spent many an evening there the restaurants were great, and our daughter adored the play area and water fountains what a great addition to the area, And it made a nice change as we usually stick to Villamartin plaza or La Fuente.

Yes the Los Dolses commercial centre still had a nice atmosphere in the day - shame to see Gingers gone, Have been popping up to G&T's bar for a quick and cheap drink on our way out at night, the owner is always so nice and our daughter loved Rosie the dog!
Back in June for more Sunshine!

Thanks again for your advice :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.