Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Villamartin
8 Posts
Villamartin is about 3 kilometres further inland than the inland extremes of Playa Flamenca.

It is primarily a golfing destination, but it has a main square, and one more about a kilometre towards the coast (Los Dolses).

How far you need to travel for good entertainment would depend on what entertainment you class as being acceptable.

There is information about the general area Here (Campoamor is only a short distance from Villamartin), or if you search this forum there is plenty of advice on both areas.
Thanks for that. We're hiring cars so it won't be much of a problem. The owner of the original villa sold it and has booked us this other villa instead. Its a more superior villa but im a bit dissapointed its further inland.
Being slightly further inland is well worth it when you consider that you might have been in Playa Flamenca!

I am at Campoamor most days, so if you need any further info, post back.
Hi Oly,

Oh dear, that sounds like we had a lucky escape! The fella we booked the villa with in Playa Flamenca told us he sold it because his clients had been burgled 13 times in the last 2 weeks!
Do you know Villamartin well? The new villa is at Calle Cuba, Monte Golf. We are a family of 9, including 2 teenagers and a 5 yr old. How long a drive is it to Torrevieja and the nearest beach?
We've stayed just outside Torrevieja the last 2 years (La Mata side) and have loved it.
Thanks
OOOps, I meant 13 times in the last 2 YEARS!!
There are lots of streets at Villamartin named after South American, (or in this case Caribbean) Countries. I think Calle Cuba is over the back of the golf course, so in order to get to the main Villamartin plaza it would either be a long walk or a short drive. If it is the road that I am thinking of, you would actually be closer to Los Dolses square than Villamartin. You would not be able to take the short cut through the actual course to save time.

I see that you have stayed in La Mata, which is where I live. You may want to drive up here during your stay as the beaches are much better, and in my opinion the restaurants and bars are much better too! But don't expect Villamartin to be like here. It is a predominantly British area which is popular with golfers from the UK, with prices to match.
For a group of 9, eating in Villamartin would work out quite expensive. Especially compared to some of the restaurants, which you have probably already used, near to La Mata.

Also, you will find that the beaches of La Zenia, which at about a 5 minute drive will be closest too you, are quite small and can get very busy. Compared to La Mata beach they are tiny. You may already have found that the best beaches are further north still, at Guardamar del Segura and La Marina. These will take between twenty minutes and half an hour to get to, but they are well worth the extra journey!
A drive into Torrevieja will take only 10 minutes or so.

I can't work out how anyone can be burgled so many times. Surely after the first time anyone with half a brain would fit an alarm? And what would there be worth nicking after the place has been turned over half a dozen times? But yes, in my opinion, you have had quite a result getting transferred to Villamartin from Playa Flamenca.

Enjoy your stay, and post back if you want further help.

P.S. To save me having to answer your post about the weather separately, June will almost certainly be nice, warm and dry.
Thanks Oly, thats a great help
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.