Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
what date you looking to go to ibiza.i would stick to es cana or playa den bossa.Portinatx/Santa Eulalia are not really full family resorts.Portinatx is too quite and out the way.Santa Eulalia is a town resort busy.nice shops/prom.but you really need to stay in a hotel in this resort.

with the tour ops dropping prices or 20% off i would look at booking a package.don;t forget you have got to pay transfers as well to es cana if going diy.and getting a cheap flight first.

with me i book a package for my may hols.and it works out cheaper d i y in sept.funny.but i can get cheap flights in sept.and a deal with hotel.

thing is to contact a atp or hotel now is hard as most are closed for winter.thats the problem you might have.if trying to go diy
Hi. Thanks for the reply. We are planning to go in either mid-June or the start of July. I don't mind a package but do like the flexibility DIY offers. I have noticed that prices do start to rise fairly sharply once July starts, even before the school holidays start.
the good thing about diy is how long you can spend there.ie i have done 15/16/18 days flying out with same airline or two or coming back to another airport.yes july is cost a bomb month.
Hi Wayne,
We went to Es Cana last year and did it DIY as you are looking to do.
We stayed here at an apartment from the holidaylettings website. Apt ref 3620. (sorry, can't post links) and found it ideal.
The beach is about 150 yds away and it's at the quieter side of the bay so you shouldn't have any noise issues.
The apartment had everything we could have needed and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.
Our kids were 6 & 3 when we went and thoroughly enjoyed it.
The only drawback could be the lack of a lift, depending on how old your children are.
There are some other apartments in the same complex listed on that website and some of those do have lift access.
If you need any more info just ask.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.