Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Dont know about Marmaris, but we rent a house in Dalyan, i contacted all the Emlaks (estate agents) in the area, just keep emailing them every few week, they get to know your name and are very helpful.

Google long lets, try to do a deal with owner, if out of season will have more luck getting discount.
If you manage to sort it, when you get there make friends with the locals as everyone knows someone willing to rent for the following year, call into Emlaks, have cup of tea, chat, make your self known.

We were very lucky last year got 3 bed basic house/shared pool £200 a month, Sept till Nov, this year 3 bed house shared pool between 3 houses £400 month for 6 months.
ill ask my mother if she knows of any as she lives just outside marmaris, i think theirs is rented from may til oct already but she might know of another 1, ill let you know what she says
can i just add a suggestion as this is something id thought of doing last season when i was going there!i checked websites like quickrooms and lowcostbeds etc as they allow you to book for 28 days n 54 days etc and i was going to book like this and online cos some deals were so cheap,i was finidn month of may for like £50...........might be worth booking like this so you dont get ripped off...xxx
i really would be extremely surprised if could find an apt for £50 a mth in july to oct high season , think you would struggle at £50 a week during these months
actually i said this was for month of may so low season obviously.........of course peak season will be dearer i found july for about £200 lasy year i was merely using it as an example.........obviously what i mentioned was just an idea to look into that was all...
Mys123

I did see an advert in newspaper last Saturday. It was 70 nights self catering at 3* Villa Sun Marmaris for £499 (from Glasgow ). If I remember right the date was from middle of August though. I have seen long stay advertised there before.

Dont know if this would be any help. Try phoning 0141 646 2233 - they might have earlier dates available.
Mys123

Re my previous post this wont be an apartment but a room on s/c basis so not sure if you would be interested..... over to you now.

Good luck in your search.
mys123
I may be able to help you i go to marmaris every
i can put you in touch with a guy called basil he as apartments in marmaris
this is the contact http://www.basilsapartments.com
im sure he will be able to help you,

also head office
cildir mah 165 sokat no;7 marmaris

tele+90 252 417 17 41

ask for basil let me know how you go
tony,
Hi everyone
Sorry havent been on here for a few days. Thanks for all your replys will have a look into them and see what I can come up with. Much appreciate all your suggestions and still open for more if anyone has any. :tup
Something to consider.............. you might want a 4 month renatl but you can only have a 90 day visa.
easily sorted though perfume!a wee day trip to rhodos and thats that!x
Thanks for pointing that out perfume but I know. Its all in hand. ;)
no advice sorry hun but 4 months wahoooooooooooooo lucky you!

love nikki xx
Still having no joy on this one. :( Tony I emailed Basil Aparts and they didnt reply. Anyone else got any suggestions?
I can't offer any advise on Marmaris but I know when I moved out to Turkey the best way of finding somewhere was to actually be there. My husband found an apartment for us before I moved out but if your daughter doesn't have someone to go out looking for her maybe she should find a hotel to base herself in for a couple of weeks and then look when she gets there. I know when we moved to a house it took a long while and a lot of trekking about to find somewhere again. At the moment it is going to be difficult though as all the resort workers will be looking for apartments for the season.

Good luck!
Okay thanks for that. Would have liked to sort it out in advance but if all else fails will do that. :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.