Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
AquaLeon
11 Posts
Has anyone went to the Aqualeon?? I've had a look at the website but never heard any reviews on it and as we were in Salou last year and are going back twice this year i thought it would be somewhere different to go.
I would like to hear of any views and whether it was worth going to.
Thanks. :)
We went to Aqualeon last year it is a good bit out of the way and akward to find as it is well of the beaten track with not many signposts for it,it took us about 50 minutes to get to it.
The park itself is fine there is a small safari park in it and also a monkey house beside the water park,the water park itself is good although a bit dated but clean enough plenty of slides/chutes and because it is a bit far away from salou the wait time for the slides/chutes is practially zero we are going back to Cambrils Park this year again and will probably go to Aqualeon again.
how do you get to the aqualeon park? can you catch a bus there?
wanted to go last year but it didnt open until june 18 and this was day after we went home hoping to make it there this year.
If you go to aqualeon website
here
there is a coupon you can print off to save 3 euros each on entrance for up to 5 people

edited to shorten link
Fiona ht mod
I am travelling to Salou in June and would like to visit Aqualeon.

Now the park opens on 16/06/07, but the bus service for the park does not start until the 18/06/07. Does anybody know how I can reach the park from Salou if the special bus is not running, as we fly home on the 18/06/07?

Also is Barcelona Zoo worth a visit?

Thanks
The bus that goes to La Pineda or Tarragona takes you past it. Barcelona Zoo is also good but do it as part of a tour, not with the TO. It is much cheaper with the bus company Plana who give out leaflets at the bus stops with different trips to Barcelona. Karen
Thanks Karen, will check out the plana buses when we are there.

Has anybody been to Aqualeon, if so what did you think?

thanks

Michael
Sorry Michael got a bit mixed up, I thought the Park you were referring to was the one in La Pineda but have since discovered it is a different one. Not sure which buses go there but will try to find out. Also if you are going I have just found this site, Join the club and it gives discounts to lots of places including the Aqualeon and the Aquarium in Barcelona, which is down by the beach and Fantastic: http://www.aspro-ocio.es/aspro/index.php Karen
Hiya :wave
I am travelling on the 1st June to Salou. Does any1 know what is open these times? Seems like i just go before Aqualeon opens :(

Maria
i feel i need to warn travellers from the uk going to pineda about the aqualeon tickets offered through attraction world which thomson will sell you at time of booking.
it is 70 euros each way away in a taxi there was 9 of us needing 3 taxis so would have cost around 300 pounds.there is one bus a day that will take you there but we waited 3 days in a row and therewas a problem each day and it never took us.it ruined our holiday attraction world said they wouldnt refund the tickets as its not their problem i couldnt get there.
if you are staying in la pineda golden donaire etc there is a huge fantastic waterpark across the road for 20 euros each you do not need to buy tickets to this farce.i have not been refunded my 100 pounds i paid i am really annoyed we didnt drink at nights thinking we had to catch the bus early then most of us misssed breakfast 3 days to rush 9 of us to the bus stop then it never bothered to come,
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.