Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
waterpark
34 Posts
Never been - but it doesn't look too impressive from the bus! About 3 slides in total I think - it's right near the Dolphinarium thingy wotsit isn't it?
We were told the Waterpark was a deathtrap waiting to happen and it failed to live up to Health and Safety standards. The rides are ready to fall and the place is a general mess :(
Def one to steer clear of.

An excuse for a water park with a couple of really old rusty slides and not much else.

Went once and would never return.
Hi there, we went passed in late June and they working on it. Not sure it was being pulled down or re-built !!!
Being rebuilt from what I can gather
three flumes and a lazy river, need I say more. Feels like it has been plonked in the middle of a building site. supposed to be renovating it but didn't see much evidence of that.
Thanks for your help on the waterpark everyone - but it doesn't sound too promising- unless it has been re-vamped by next week!
Audrey
this is a bllast from the past - i went to this waterpark 20 years ago when i was a kid..... i can't believe it's still standing - it was falling to bits then!

isn't it called white rocks?

Hi there

The water park is under going refurb at the moment. Driven past it a few times and yes it looks like a building site - thats because some of it is!! I went once but found that most of it wasn't built yet and they were charging £M6 something to get in!!

So don't know how much it will be when all re-furbed and yes a bus does go past

Bigmom
I took my 6 year old to the water park 03/06/2005.

I can safely say that this is a total waste of money. Surprise, surprise, there is still building work going on, and as a previous poster said, it does feel like it has been dropped in the middle of a building site.

The lazy river, you just float around slowly in rubber rings and the water was full of dead flying ants. It is also salt water and not chlorine. I also came across crisp packets and other litter in the lazy tunnel.

We went on one chute which was ok, nothing special.

There is an area for bumper cars but it was closed and the the cars were out but did not look as though they would be deemed fit for use.

There is also a toy train ride and a park that has no turf or grass with park stuff like a merry-go-round, see-saw and monkey swings.

The cafe is rubbish and not up to much. Although you can buy chips, ice lollies, etc.

Definetely go to the marine park next door and watch the doplhin show, parrot show, sea lion show, etc.. but I would not recommend under any circumstances paying to go to the Splash & Fun park as you would have a better time at your local swimming bath on the water slide.
We went to the Splash and fun last week and actually had quite a good day! Yes the lazy river had dead insects in and the cafe food was very unhealthy and the water slides are bordering on illegal I think,!! BUT the new pool area is lovely and the childrens activity area was brilliant fun. They have just about finished working now I think,the fair rides were not open last week but maybe were for the weekend? Quite expensive-we paid LM73 for joint entry to dolphins and splash. Dont regret going but wont go again.
We went to it last year. They are doing a refurb on it. We had a great time, though its true its looking and is a bit run down. Wasn't bothered about myself but if I had kids, wouldn't have let them go on it. I'm hoping they do a good upgrade on it though. Would be a shame to lose it.
A recent article from the Maltese press, this is disgusting and makes for painfull reading and sums up exactly what we feel about these ghastly places no matter where they are, these should all be closed down and the poor dolphins rehabilitated to enable them to return to the sea, or if not possible they should be found an appropriate, safe, and caring home without delay, then put the owners of these vile places in little tanks and exploit them to see how they like it.

Sliema2

Click here for article http://www.timesofmalta.com/articles/view/20080803/local/malta-dolphin-park-listed-among-cruellest-destinations
  • Edited by Glynis HT Admin 2008-08-04 16:14:05
    Edit to provide link to article
I agree
We used to go to the Waterpark many years ago. I don't remember there being any dolphins then but the park was a lot of fun if not a tad dodgy due to age. We still enjoyed ourselves. It's just not necessary to use animals to entertain us humans. A good and safe water park is perfectly fine on it's own.
I went last week, its not that bad.

It now has a large wave pool, children's pool, 3 slides, a lazy river, a "side winder" a massive "u" shaped slide you go up and down. It didn't appear that unsafe. There were lifeguards everywhere, safety signs and cleaners were everywhere to. There was even a clinic.

The food was ok, your usual chips and burgers. A bit pricey but these things are expected.

However it was a hefty €18 for a full day, although its only €10 after 3pm till 8pm, which is almost reasonable.

You can read all about it here: www . splashandfun . com . mt
I went last week, its not that bad.
I think your missing the point, we are not concerned about the slides or wether your kids chips were ok or not, we are concerned about the dolphins welfare, I bet if they were asked they wouldn't come out and say "its not that bad".
Are not the Water park and the Dolphins seperate attractions? I thought you paid for one or the other?
charliegirl007

Yes, your right they are seperate attractions that happen to sit next to eachother.
The waterpark is actually very good but I have to say a little expensive the half day pass is long enough and more economical.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.