Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi
We went there in February this year.
My review (and others) can be found here:
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/

Feb is Cyprus winter so you can expect it to be cooler, especially in the evenings. This year during our week it varied around the mid teens, with one day just touching low twenties. The AirCon thing in the rooms at Aquasol is pretty basic. It does do warm, but not very...ask for more bedding at reception.

Things to do esp with small children is going to be a little restricted at that time of year - unless they're mature for their years and like visiting the mosaics and the Tombs of the Kings, etc. They won't like the hill that Aquasol is at the bottom of either...

But hey - you'll be in Cyprus :D

Any specific questions/queries, feel free to ask. Might even find some photos :wink:

Ady
aka Pubdog
Thanks for that pubdog--are there many bars/restaurants in coral bay itself or is it necessary to go into paphos
Hi again,
No real need to go into Paphos for restaurants, there are plenty at the top o' hill.
One of my favourites was the Seriani, just on the left hand side on the main "strip" (not really a strip but didn't want it to sound like a main road). They do a great meze, and the suckling pig is very nice.
Jimbox will probably be along soon to add some more as he lives local to Coral Bay and hence more experience of the eateries (Hi Jim :tup )

Ady
aka Pubdog
I'm booked at the aqua sol in july 05,

been to coral bay before & love it, your away from the paphos but not to far away to drive in or get the bus.
i stayed in the Aqua Sol in Summer 03. A while back, but i was in one word "Exceptional", just watch the hill outside.
Will some of the restaurants/bars etc be closed with it being the winter season???
some of them will be, but that area is more centered around Winter breaks
Stayed here in June 2002, in a word..fantastic! We took 2 children, and they loved the pool. In early June, the weather was scorching hot, had to stay out of it around midday.
Staff were really friendly, rooms were basic, but clean and spacoius. The hill isnt so bad... once you get used to it!
Great places to eat and drink just at the top too.
Will return next year, cant wait. Feel free to ask questions, if I can help, I will do!
Hi Bishete

whats the beach at the hotel like & how far from coral bay village is it ?

many thanks
The beach is just pebbles at aquasol, but coral bay is about a steady 15 minute walk away, and is a nice beach.
Hi Bishete

are any of the bars geared up for kids--as in playroom/area etc

also is the Tomb of the Kings worth a visit??
Mostly visited the resteraunts in the evening, all of which did great kids meals. We tended to eat out, then come back to aquasol later for the entertainment, and drinks!
Tomb of the kings was good if your kids like that kind of thing, my eldest who was 8 at the time, enjoyed it, but the 5 year old wasnt interested. Be sure to wear decent footwear, I wore flip flops...not a good idea!
The water park at Paphos is worth a visit, we had a great time there.
what was your appt like, do they all have sea views or is it luck of the draw
Apartment was fairly basic, but had everything needed. Very clean, and spacious, with a good layout.
As for a sea view, I imagine its the luck of the draw, we didnt have one, but we did have a terrace, with a bit of a garden which was nice.
Think i will email them nearer the time & ask for a sea view,,,, we had a greata sea view at the Marlitta Beach last year, would love a view like that again
looking for somwhere to go in october with 3 children to cel hubbys 40th. looked at this one what do you think?
want entertainment for the kids last hol we went to tenerife loved it would we like it here too

what weather like in october

thanks
Hi have you looked at the Members Reviews yet? for weather see the links on page 1 of the weather topic near the top of the cyprus index page

wizard
  • Edited by Wizard 2006-03-19 10:28:35
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.