Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
The Only one i Specifically know as being adults only is the Riudor. However there will be several Hotels that are not particularily suitable for children because they dont provide services for them. The Avenida is one i can think of, also The Belroy. Perhaps a few of the smaller hotels too would be mainly adult orientated because they wont have facilities for children. The Brisa on Levante Beach springs to mind, and several of the smaller hotels in and around the old town!

Best Regards - Taggy
The Don Pancho Hotel is suited to mainly adults, being rather pricey for families.
I may be wrong but I don't think the riudor is a adult only hotel.
According to Thomsons the Riudor is exclusive to them and is Adults only! However if they are now perhaps taking DIY bookings also the Hotel may not be sticking to that policy!!! Below is a quote from their online brochure!

http://www.thomson.co.uk/destinations/europe/spain/costa-blanca/benidorm/hotels/hotel-riudor.html

Best Regards - Taggy
  • Edited by David 2008-06-21 12:08:58
    Post edited for copyright reasons, weblink inserted to replace quoted text
Thomson may sell the Riudor as exclusively for adults, but as Taggy suggests, that may not be the case with other companies selling rooms at the hotel. I can see a few websites which describe childrens' facilities at the Riudor, such as pool and playground.

Even the hotel's own website describes facilities for children, their online booking system seems to accept reservations for kids, and you can see kids in some of their photos.

It's possible that Thomson just see the hotel as more suited to adults than families and choose to sell it exclusively to adults (even if one of their own web page photos seems to show kids in the pool). But that may just be their own company policy.

David :wave
I know when we tried to book this hotel (accomodation only), I put my sons age down, and was not allowed to book it, as thomson only take bookings from over 16's, but like david says other tour operators could allow children.

Belly.
I tend to walk past the hotel quite often when on holiday and have noticed children in the pool.
As Taggy says although Thompson only accept adults other Agents may be different.
hi if you are going after September the villa venicia is supposed to be opening we were told this was going to be adults only 5* hotel. But it was just a shell when we saw it in April.
Carol
hi if you are going after September the villa venicia is supposed to be opening we were told this was going to be adults only 5* hotel

I think that you're right because I was looking at a site yesterday that you can book with for the villa venicia and it only asks how many adult not kids. It also mentioned that some of the rooms have a mini pool too! Oh and there are also going to be Junior suites, Sounds like it's gonna be very posh.

Sue :)
what site was it sue where u can boook the hotel thanks
i googled the villa venecia and kept getting the magic villa venecia which is for gay couples.
sorry but I can't get the sites up now that I was looking at yesterday, just google the hotel name and see what you can find.

Sue :)
that is the right hotel magic villa venicia perhaps it is for gay couples. we were just told it was for adults only
carol
Like many of the smaller hotels in Benidorm Old Town, I don't think the Villa Venecia has ever encouraged families, because of the size of the hotel and the lack of facilities for kids. As for couples, unless things are to change when the hotel re-opens, then I don't think it really matters whether they are straight or gay. A small number of sites indicate that the hotel caters for gay couples, but most other sites make no such reference, including the hotel group's own website.

More info and discussion about the hotel in our Villa Venecia topic.

David :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.