Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I am not sure Dawn,but I have one of those small pillows full of tiny beads called Cushtie which are about £5 and come in different shapes.They are very comfortable.
Hi Dawn ... I see no reason why they would not allow you to take a pillow. But bear in mind that it will have to fit comfortably within the one piece of hand luggage which you are allowed through security checks. That one piece of baggage would also need to accomodate any other valuables, camera, handbag, etc. For more info and discussion on current hand luggage restrictions, please click on the link in my signature just below.

David :wave
Thanks for your replies

David I was hoping i'd be able to get away with carrying it on board under my arm, if I have to put it in my hand luggage I am going to have very little room left for anything else :(
Going long haul your carrier will probably provide you with a pillow or two if you want (unless you are going low cost?)

Would be a shame to carry a bulky pillow if you dont need to...who are you flying with?

Nivsy
Dawn, I don't think you'll be able to carry it under your arm. The rules are pretty strict now, you will have to put in to your hand luggage.
You may find you'll get them on the plane. We got pillows, eye masks and blankets on our long haul flights last year.
I also have some blow up ones that fit around your neck and they are quite comfortable and easy to store.
Hi

We are flying with Thomas Cook airbus A330. But if the pillows are like the ones we have had flying short haul they are useless are they bigger and thicker long haul?

Might have a look for the blow up kind.

Thanks
My beach towel has a blow up pillow you might be able to get one of those. All the shops seem to have summer goodies in now.
i also have one of those, that are filled with little beads,i wouldn't be without it,it is so comfortable.it came in a little draw string bag,so it's really no hassle to carry.bought the grandaughter one,at manchester airport,last year,but not sure,how much i paid.
you won't be sorry, if you buy one!
tracy
I saw these pillows today in Boyes for £4.99 and they came in a drawstring bag.
Thanks I will have a look are they easy to blow up though when you are sat on the plane?
i'd get one,with the little beads in,not a blow up one! honestly they are really comfortable!!!!
Recommend the Cushtie pillows too.....some great bargains if you "Google" CUSHTIE..............be aware of cheap imitations though as they're not as good or as comfortable :D
It was the Cushtie pillows I saw in Boyes for £4.99.The one I have comes in a clear plastic zipped bag with compartments for tickets,passports etc.
  • Edited by Jay Trip 2007-03-07 21:48:20
i realised,that's what you meant jay trip,but i think dawnlee misunderstood. :) £4.99 is a good price,as hubby said we paid £9.99,just my luck though!!!!! :cry:
In the current Avon Brochure (Number 6) there is a sale brochure and on page 30 they are called snuggle pillow and they are reduced from £8 to £6.00
Boyes is a Yorkshire based company with many branches in Durham,Yorkshire and Linclonshire.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.