General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Yes- but that was just co-incidence. We won't notice much here in the north of Scotland anyway.
Yes but i'll be watching some of the events hopefully. I love the Olympics :)
Definitely not - I love the Olympics - good job computer is near to TV :tup
Yes but only by chance, although I'm not overly bothered about a lot of it anyway. The main track & field is fine, as is the swimming but some of the stuff I don't really count as 'sports'.
(not saying the participants aren't skilful, talented and work damn hard, but I find it boring to watch if it's not clear who's winning because it's scored by judges etc!)
No , I won't be away and will probably watch as much as I can . The Olympic flame is going through the village where I work this Friday , I should get a good view from the office window , I will be waving my flag !!! It's sooooo exciting!
Yes we are away but to be honest I'm getting fed up of all this Olympics stuff on tv! I enjoyed the Bolt thing on the tv the other night though!
Won't be away and I will enjoy watching some of it - but will probably get a wee bit tired of the 'afterchats' by the commentators on the TV disecting every move etc - a bit like footie when they show every goal, over and over and OVER again............
Yep I will be enjoying the sunshine on the isle of Crete, tough in all honesty I don't think there willbe any escaping the Olympics.
You never know there might be a little rom left in my case ;)
andy66 wrote:
No , I won't be away and will probably watch as much as I can . The Olympic flame is going through the village where I work this Friday , I should get a good view from the office window , I will be waving my flag !!! It's sooooo exciting!

Well today I saw the flame ! And it was fantastic , not so much the few seconds you saw the flame but the whole atmosphere, the kids were on the first day of holiday and everyone was out lining the streets , people had put up flags and bunting and everyone was waving flags and cheering . It was well organised and people just enjoyed what was going on with circus acts and big marching band , it was just fantastic to see everyone happy and smiling and enjoying themselves , everyone was commenting what a lovely atmosphere there was .
andy66 wrote:

Well today I saw the flame ! And it was fantastic , not so much the few seconds you saw the flame but the whole atmosphere, the kids were on the first day of holiday and everyone was out lining the streets , people had put up flags and bunting and everyone was waving flags and cheering . It was well organised and people just enjoyed what was going on with circus acts and big marching band , it was just fantastic to see everyone happy and smiling and enjoying themselves , everyone was commenting what a lovely atmosphere there was .

Brilliant Andy :pele :cheers
Not going away so I will try and watch as much as I can, we are going to some of the football matches which is about as much as we can attend here.

The Olympic Flame has attracted a lot of excitement where ever it has travelled through out the UK, this is my daughter with it in Stirling

http://inlinethumb26.webshots.com/48665/2653208110074781839S425x425Q85.jpg
Bet she was really chuffed to have a photo taken with the torch Kiltman ....... :pele
Something for her to treasure and, definitely 'pass on' :tup
Oh wow .. Definately a picture to tresure Graham x

The torch is in London now and even I'll admit now it's feeling somewhat exciting . :D
:D calm down Lyn you are begining to show some enthusiasm :D when I saw the two massive cruise liners turn up in George V dock I also started to feel excited up untill then it hadn't felt real.

Friends of my were living in Athens when it was there eight years ago and they said everyone was so so proud and excited about it being there, for some reason many Brits seem to struggle with that concept,

Wonderful photo Graham :tup

Xxxx
:rofl no I suppose it hasn't really felt real. We drive or take the tube past it frequently enough but I suppose as in the case of much of London living so close we take it all for granted and fail to see it's splendor . I must confess other than what I've heard on local radio and reading Andy's post on Friday (i assume you are fairly close andy ) I havnt even bothered to look for where the torch is passing through.It could be on my doorstep and I wouldnt even know . :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.