General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I should of done Ed.. Normally Im very on the ball but got a bit carried away by the fact that this was the first time in donkeys years we didnt have to worry about school holidays.. I pulled a blinder there . :rofl We are just back and so we now have to endure the coming weeks of struggling to work or travel into london that at the best of times is a shambles. Not a good idea when you are self employed .
Nope because they are on during when I'm busy at work so I don't go away this time away.
My daughter's boyfriend has to vacate his flat while the olympics is on which is outrageous. So he will be holidaying here,at a loss of income I might add. He and his brother are livid.
I haven't had to change any plans as I've been on holiday, however I wouldn't have booked a holiday during the Olympics as I want to watch them from home :tup
Sorry peeps,I should have explained myself. They live right by the olympic park and their landlord made them sign a contract to say they had to move out for the duration of the olympics. He is money grabbing basically,he can rent it out for a lot of money to the tourists.
That's really poor minione :( some people have no shame. :( and are real exploiters.

Someone I used to work for some years back has a massive victorian family house, over 4 floors in one of the London suburbs (wanstead/manor park area) that is about 20 mins from the site and is moving into the basement & renting out the whole house for the 6 weeks doing BnB :yikes Sounds like a load of hard work to me.

:sun2
Although hubby's digs are safe some of his workmates have had to move out of their accommodation as the landlord is going to charge £90 a night during the Olympics.
20 mins from the site and is moving into the basement & renting out the whole house for the 6 weeks doing BnB

:rofl Certainly shows's enterprise Chris .. Shame my cooked breakfast skills are not up to the job
lynwestie wrote:
20 mins from the site and is moving into the basement & renting out the whole house for the 6 weeks doing BnB

:rofl Certainly shows's enterprise Chris .. Shame my cooked breakfast skills are not up to the job

That's what I thought, but unfortuantly I dont have a basement, the best I could probably manage is the cats basket as she wont sleep in it. :rofl

doe wrote:
the best I could probably manage is the cats basket as she wont sleep in it. :rofl

:rofl £50 a night?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.