General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I would if I could! :) But we go away next week- first day of the Olympics, which is just a co-incidence.
nope, because my holiday isn't until later this year in September and I'm pretty positive it will be nice and warm by than.
No because I've been on holiday and the first week I was away there was a heatwave here. :sun2

If anyone would like more sunshine then just chip in to pay for me another holiday and I'll berger off to foreign lands and you can have your sunshine :tup
Last time we had good weather I was in Jersey so that was a bonus :) I made use of the March heatwave.
Tarry wrote:
nope, because my holiday isn't until later this year in September and I'm pretty positive it will be nice and warm by than.

Ditto ! Couldn't careless if it rains all summer I will be in sunny Cyprus in September
Not really, i dont have high expectations of the weather here anyway, so it isn't something I consider. If its a nice evening might make an early evening dash to sit in a pretty pub garden somewhere and stare at a few fields and cows over a Pimms or dust of the BBQ that evening, spontanious is best really with UK weather.

I do feel sorry for kids though when they have summer garden fetes, school sports days, dance displays that they have worked hard for and are rained off, but I think us adults are grown up enough to cope.

I was thinking last week when flogging about in 30 degrees that the weather is only really any good for being on holiday in, anything else would be too exhausting, dont think I would like to have to work/drive etc in those high temperatures, but I guess it's what you get used to.

:sun2
No, I'm just back from Spain and returning in 8 weeks time, my holidays are booked from one year to the next, so, planning on the weather in the UK is never a consideration...only the weather in Spain. :sun2

Sanji
haha glynis same here hot sunshine first week i was in turkey some days uk was hotter than turkey.
Our favourite topic of conversation :D We moan when it rains and we moan when it's hot.
Personally I'm not bothered what it's doing here so long as I have it nice and sunny on my hols. :)
That's true, us Brits like to moan/talk about the weather.
Yes, luckily being retired it is no big deal. We were going this week to have a few days in Tenby before all the lovely children had broken up, but decided against it until the weather was more settled.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.