Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
I actually think it is not where you think it is!!!!

I think if you head from the main road towards the aguamarina hotel then bear right it is at this end of the resort.
Hi - thanks for the relpy. I was told it was up near the Thomson's hotel and the road is Via Jardin. Is that where you think it is? It is said to be about 10 mins walk from the Aquamarina? Any more information would be great - thanks for taking the time to post a reply. :)
According to this streetmap
http://www.islas.co.uk/castell_map.htm
your villa IS near the Castell Playa :)

This means that although you will have splendid views of the bay...it will be a steep descent to the beach and a worse climb back up again......
I don't know anything about the specific property, I'm afraid.
Oh, you will be near a stop for the little road train that goes round the resort and to the nearby fishing village of Na Macarena. (assuming it is still in operation...my son worked in Arenal for the summer of 2005, so that's when we were there).
Arenal is a pretty little resort, and I'm sure you will have a good time there.
The train is still doing its rounds. Nothing is far away in Arenal though. There are a few different ways down to the beach but yes it is downhill. Closest from there would probably be the stairs inbetween the souvernir shop and the Spar. Going down to the beach would be less than 10 minutes depending on if you have small children. Going up...
Thanks for the information, we will have a car so can use that for getting down to the beach if we need to.
Thanks again :wave:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.