Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
try http://www.arillas.com. Loads of specific information on this site. Everyone loves the place and they go back year after year. We found this really helpful as we are going in June for the first time. 86 sleeps to go!
Thnaks very much for that, very informative sight.
Who have you booked through for this holiday? :lol:
Hi there, we are also going for the first time in may and we booked through Manos. We got a great price for three adults £660. We also looked on that web site and found that they were all repeat visitors.
Will post on here when we return and, let you know what we think of the place. It`s only six week`s and counting. Jacqui
We booked through Thomas Cook staying at the Galini. We go in 10 weeks - 81 sleeps to go....
Jacqui was that £660 for three for two weeks. Thats brilliant if so. I thought we had done well - £274 for two weeks each in June. There are some bargains about if you search for them.
p.s... we booked with Manos last year, about 6 weeks before we went but stayed in Ag. Gordios and had fantastic accommodation, literally 2 mins to beach... but couldnt get the same place this year... but the Galini in Arillas has got some good reviews too so booked that instead.
Hi Sueb2, yes that price is for three people for two week`s in a two bedroomed apartment. We travelled with manos last year for the first time and found the accomodation really nice and, it was so cheap in comparison with what we had paid other companies in the past. We really do not know what it will be like in arillas but, for that price we can`t complain.
My sister and my husband are a little more worried but, they left the booking to me and, I can`t wait to go as it sound`s really nice at arillas. Jacqui
I hope it lives up to all the expectations. All the reviews look good tho. 76 sleeps to go!
Forgot to ask, where are you staying in Arillas?
That`s the catch we do not know the name of the apartment`s but, we guaranteed no less than 3* That`s why I say my husband and sister were worried when I booked it but, you only live once and for that price if the resort is lovely who cares. Jacqui
From what I can see and read from the Arillas reviews everybody loves the area and the people are so friendly too. All the accommodation looks pretty good from the reviews too so no matter where you get put in the end you are sure to have a good holiday.
We have just had a letter from Manos asking us to contact them as they can no longer offer us the holiday we booked (two bed apartment) so, they cannot apologise enough and have have offered us two twin hotel room`s on bed and breakfast basis and no less than 3* still at the same price £660 for the three of us. I am amazed as it is even better than I expected for what we paid. As it`s down to them that we cannot get the apartment they are not charging a penny extra for the changes. Can`t wait to get there. Jacqui
That sounds fantastic! As long as you are all happy with that it should be great. If the hotel doesnt have a pool I think you can use most pools in other hotels if you buy drinks etc. and I have read there is the splish splash pool along the beach for everyone to use too. Have a brilliant holiday!!! Isnt it exciting!!! Must calm down otherwise I will have heart attack within the next 70 days and wont be able to go!!! :lol:
hi everyone

Can anyone recommend where to stay? Do you think my teenager would have plenty to do and finally I have never been here before and as we wont be hiring a car -can you recommend a nice hotel thats ideally situated? We can only go for a week :cry:

Thnaks

FB
We love the place - so much that we want to live there! It's a quiet village, the main road runs alongside the beach and the people are wonderful. There is no through road so very little traffic. Tavernas line the beach, enough to choose a different place each night, and you will find your favourites but you must go to Brouklis on Wednesday or Sunday for the spit roast (unless you are vegatarian of course!). There are plenty of places to stay, many taken over by Manos this year. The Horizon Hotel is nice, see Libra. The Kaloudis is nice, see Thomson. Arillas Bay Apts - Manos. One place we love is Bardis Sun Studios. Try http://www.corfuescape.com. Only really suitable for couples though. Great bars at night. Not many but real fun. Not a hectic pace, just the opposite. Depends what teenagers want but no discos, etc. But, a couple of nice cocktail bars, karaoke in one and entertainment fairly regularly. Very much a couples place, lie on the beach all day and watch the sunset from the restaurant at night. Thalassa is great too. Check out the website http://www.arillas.com and the map will show you accommodation and give you the chance to book private too if you wish. Some great double rooms, private, at the Marina hotel, overlooking the sea (literally). Hope this helps. You will fall in love with the place.
Marinaki studios in arilas?

Just looking into a DIY holiday to see if its a little cheaper. Someone on another forumn mentioned these apts. Have checked out arilas.com but their no info on them.

Still trying to get to Arilas........on a students nurse salary!!!!!
They are gorgeous, at the end of the road, overlooking the beach and with their own pool. E-mail the Hotel Marina at arillashotelmarina@yahoo.gr and state in subject - "message for Dida/Spiros". Tell them that you want to enquire about Marinaki and they will respond. If they are too expensive, don't know prices, or if they are booked up, then try late deals with Manos and Corfu Escape. Also you can go private at the Marina Apartments so you could ask for a price for them in the same e-mail. If you don't get any joy then let me know and I will root out some other numbers for you. Best of luck, worth the trip. Wendy.
try http://www.corfuescape.com they have some really excellent deals at the moment.
we leave for our holiday early hours of tomorrow, as this is our first time to this resort we are really looking forward to getting there and having a good look about. When we return I will post on here our opinion of the resort for other first timers. I will be as honest as I can good or bad. Bye Jacqui
Jacqui: Look forward to reading your review. here are you staying? Hope you have a lovley holiday.

Sueb: Thanks for the link Bardis sun studios seems very reasonable price for the 3 of us although we have to book 2 studios. Our 15 yr old is coming with us and we are debating if she should bring a friend along. Just a little concerned as one member mentioned that Bardis sun was more for Adults?

Thanks 'the Browns' for the link much appreciated.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.