Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
im hoping the same although im staying in alcudia and we land at 2200pm so wont b at apartments til midnight at least..
Hi 8)

I know in Sa Coma the Spar shops were open til at least 10pm. However, you could email the Bahia Azul and request a welcome pack which will contain the bare essentials. I always find that any Protur hotel is more than happy to deal with requests and I know they do welcome packs 8)
You will find a few small spar type shops open til about 10 ish, as long as its not a Sunday. enjoy your hols.CBG
Thanks for the replies :tup .It will be a Thursday that we arrive,so maybe it will be a little bit easier to get essentials.

tofog68 :wave
Hi there, we have just returned from the Bahia Azul Aparments, and had a lovely time there. If you have any questions, please ask. I will be doing a write up when I get a minute on the forum.

Cheers!
Hi piglet,Glad you had a good time :D ,Looking forward to reading your report.I'm really getting excited about going now, but do you know where the 1 bedroom apartments are situated,Is there an Iron and an hairdryer in the apartments(it's all less to pack :D )also are the apartments big spacious.

Thanks for your help :tup
tofog68
Tofog,

Like somebody else has said, request a welcome pack direct from the hotel. We had one at the Vista Badia in Sa Coma, water, milk fruit etc. Also, don't bother with an iron, we went to the Caprabo supermarket on our first day and bought the cheapest steam iron we could find, 12 euros we paid. It was a lot better than using a travel iron.
I'll try to get the report written up asap. In the meantime, we had a one bedroom apartment and my daughter and her boyfriend had a studio (right next door!)

The complex is in a delightful area, very residential, with some really beautiful houses, it felt very safe. We were on the first floor, but I am not sure how the other floors were set out. Both the apartment and studio were of a very good size I thought. Our kitchenette was part of the main living area with two sofa beds, the bathroom was spacious, as was the bedroom, with plenty of hanging space and drawer space, and everywhere was very clean. Two smoke detectors, and the air- conditioning, which was very efficient, had vents in the main living area and in the bedroom too. We had a large safety deposit box in the bedroom and it was really good because you set up your own four digit code once you had rented it - no carrying around of a key! We had a card to enter the room and we also had another one for the electricity (but my daughter didn't) great if you need to leave the air-con on (although to be perfectly honest we didn't use it that much, the apartment was lovely and cool.) We overlooked the pool as I think most of the other apartments did, but we did have a rather large tree blocking a good part of the view, but that was a minor thing.

No iron or hairdryer in the apartment, I'm afraid, but I don't know if maybe these could be hired over at the Floriana, perhaps you could send them an e-mail beforehand, they seemed very eager to be helpful. I found that all of the creases fell out of our clothes within a few hours of hanging them up, but I did take a small travel iron and hairdryer with me anyway. There were probably about 15 coathangers there, so take a few more if you need them. It clearly showed that they were part of a large hotel chain (Protur), very clean bedding and towels and something I always check - spotlessly clean laundered pillows! The apartment was cleaned and towels replaced each day apart from Wednesday and Saturday if I remember correctly (will have to refer to my notes for that one!) and the bedding was changed half way through the week. They even provided tea towels, changed as often as you liked. One thing we missed was no scissors so it might be worth taking a safety pair with you perhaps, unless we were just unlucky. The kettle was sooooooo slow to boil, it was much easier to use the microwave, although ours was actually more than 5 feet off the ground, so beware if you have small ones with you when you are using it.

If there is anything else specific you would like to know, fire away!

Wish I was back there!

Cheers!
:wave piglet,Thanks ever so much for the reply,I think you have answered all my questions,It sounds absolutely wonderful :D I can't wait for the 27th of September.

I think you can tell a lot about an hotel or apartments from how spotlessly clean there Towels and bedding etc are,Its also the first thing I look at in an apartment.

Once again a big thankyou for the reply.

tofog68
Tofog68, I have written my review now!

Cheers!
Cheers piglet :wave Going to have a quick peek now.

Hi piglet,I have just read your review of the Bahia Azul apartments,Can I say thank you for a very informative review.
You obviously put a lot thought and work into it.

I can't wait to get ther now.

Once again thank you,
Tofog68, You're welcome, I hope it helps.

I'm sure that you will have a lovely time.

Cheers!
If you head towards the beach there are a few shops and reastaurant on the main road down ( the way the hotel faces is the way to the beach) There's a Spar by the taxi rank on the beach front and before that there's a little shop on the corner. Not sure but I think they may shut at 9pm.

We found the last bar/restaurant on the left to be very good value but that was a few years ago. Lots of football flags up inside.
never had a bad meal.
Hi Nicola,A big thanks for the advice :thanks

Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.