Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
Hi Paul,

These bungalows are next to the Timanfaya Palace hotel. Do you know how to get to there?
No, I only really know the coloradamar bungalos and all the main spots. Is it close to the coloradamar bungalos? If not what is it near?

Thanks

Paul
Hi Paul,

From what I can gather, the Coloradamar bungalows are more on the Papagayo side of Playa Blanca and are so are no where near Atlantic Gardens, which are on the other side of Playa Blanca.

The best way to describe how to get to them is to follow the directions to the centre of Playa Blanca. At the main roundabout (where the petrol station is situated) take the exit before the main road into the centre of PB (follow the Port signs) and this should take you past the bus station on the right. Keep on this road and it will take you to the harbour of PLaya Blanca, where the ferries depart etc. Again go over the round about and keep following the road, past the Puerto Chico apartments on your left and the PLaya Flamingo further down. Just after Playa Flamingo, turn left, continue on this road and it will take you to the Atlantic Gardens. THere is a sign for the bungalows, just turn left here and your there!

Hope this makes sense!
Thanks for your help. I may need to invest in tomtom europe :shock:
This map of Playa Blanca should help as a rough guide. Zoom in and you will locate the Atlantic Garden apartments to the left of the Playa Flamingo beach between the Timanfaya Palace and the Natura Palace hotels.

http://www.lanzarote.com/mapas/mapapblanca-en.html

I had a quick look round the complex in April last year. The neat little single-storey bungalows looked fine from the outside and I thought the complex was quite attractive too. It was very peaceful with only a few of the bungalows looking occupied when we walked around it but that was the end of April. It may well be busier in December. There was also a big 'for sale' sign up though I don't know if that meant the complex itself or individual bungalows on the complex.
I stayed at Atlantic Gardens several years ago (2001).

The bungalows were ok but for us (two adults, two kids) they were too small and we never had sufficient hot water for four showers.

Close to the Playa Flamingo beach, shops and restaurants.

Pippy :D
Thanks for the comments on the Bungalos, we got them really cheap (only £150 for the week) so we are not expecting anything too special. This is just a spur of the moment booking! The main thing for us is getting back to Playa Blanca.

Thanks for the map also it will be very helpful.

Does anyone know if you can get a map for the canaries for a TomTom, I had a look and the Western Eurpoe one does not seem to include the canaries. Probably wont need it but would like to have it anyway.
Hi paultervit and every one else, I have booked a week in March 08 and it cost me £174 through alpharooms so looks like you got a good deal.
Also I have a tomtom go710 and have the Canaries maps on it but not used them yet, I have found where the Atlantic gardens are on Robbo11's map then found them on Google Earth and get it to show the directions from the airport to them so I can print it off, seems quite straight forward enough.
Rich.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.